Modification Parse error (installing the recurring Events Mod)

Started by SchaOn, May 13, 2007, 11:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SchaOn

"'God' brings us into each others lives for a reason and purpose that we may never know until the end. But every interaction that we have - even if just a simple smile, is a catalyst for something bigger, with a positive or negative outcome, so you must be aware of yourself so you can help another when it is needed." ~SchaOn

Chris Curran

The test_modification.php from the sdk works with SMF 1.1.2 - I use it very frequently. That 'Test Results' page above is wrong. It would seem there is something interfering with the proper operation of the package manager on these systems. Perhaps the PM has a debug mode that will display progress? Have you folks checked your error logs just in case there's something in there?

Andreas - it appears that the PM did a partial install on your trouble system. I wouldn't trust anything about that system now. I'd start over with a clean install (after nuking all remains of the previous install).

cheers,
me

SchaOn

Nope... no errors in there about the RepeatingEvents Mod
"'God' brings us into each others lives for a reason and purpose that we may never know until the end. But every interaction that we have - even if just a simple smile, is a catalyst for something bigger, with a positive or negative outcome, so you must be aware of yourself so you can help another when it is needed." ~SchaOn

SchaOn

I think this might be one of the issues... at least with my server:

in repeatevents_1_2_6.xml
<operation>
<search position="before"><![CDATA[
$txt['calendar_linked_events'] = 'Linked Events';
]]></search>

My index.english.php has:
$forum_copyright = '<a href="http://www.simplemachines.org/" title="Simple Machines Forum" target="_blank">Powered by ' . $forum_version . '</a> |
<a href="http://www.simplemachines.org/about/copyright.php" title="Free Forum Software" target="_blank">SMF &copy; 2006-2007, Simple Machines LLC</a>';

$txt['calendar3'] = 'Birthdays:';
$txt['calendar4'] = 'Events:';
$txt['calendar3b'] = 'Upcoming Birthdays:';
$txt['calendar4b'] = 'Upcoming Events:';
// Prompt for holidays in the calendar, leave blank to just display the holiday's name.
$txt['calendar5'] = '';
$txt['calendar9'] = 'Month:';
$txt['calendar10'] = 'Year:';
$txt['calendar11'] = 'Day:';
$txt['calendar12'] = 'Event Title:';
$txt['calendar13'] = 'Post In:';
$txt['calendar20'] = 'Edit Event';
$txt['calendar21'] = 'Delete this event?';
$txt['calendar22'] = 'Delete Event';
$txt['calendar23'] = 'Post Event';
$txt['calendar24'] = 'Calendar';
$txt['calendar37'] = 'Link to Calendar';
$txt['calendar43'] = 'Link Event';
$txt['calendar47'] = 'Upcoming Calendar';
$txt['calendar47b'] = 'Today\'s Calendar';
$txt['calendar51'] = 'Week';
$txt['calendar54'] = 'Number of Days:';
$txt['calendar_how_edit'] = 'how do you edit these events?';
$txt['calendar_link_event'] = 'Link Event To Post:';
$txt['calendar_confirm_delete'] = 'Are you sure you want to delete this event?';

$txt['moveTopic1'] = 'Post a redirection topic';

That's just the first thing I saw so far....

Chris Curran

Quote from: SchaOn on May 14, 2007, 04:45:37 PM
I think this might be one of the issues... at least with my server:

I don't understand what you're trying to show me....

SchaOn

MOD searches for:

Though it doesn't find it, b/c it's labled as:
$txt['calendar43'] = 'Link Event';

I think???

SchaOn

Kindred

Scha0n,
This has nothing to do with the instructions in the mod XML...

Schaon and anroth,

I suggest we start a new thread for you on this issue, since it is not actually realted to the specific mod. (Do a search, people are reporting this for a bunch of different mods)

Chris,
SDK is not actually distributed in the release package of 1.1.2. You must have gotten a snapshot of the Daily CVS?

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

anroth

Quote from: Chris Curran on May 14, 2007, 04:28:05 PM
Have you folks checked your error logs just in case there's something in there?

Andreas - it appears that the PM did a partial install on your trouble system. I wouldn't trust anything about that system now. I'd start over with a clean install (after nuking all remains of the previous install).
I checked the error log, and there's nothing suspicious. The only "error" I got during the installation was a request for my MySQL database login data, because the mod needs to install the moon phase data (which appeared to work fine on both my systems). I just tried to run the mod through the package manager again on my test system, and didn't got the MySQL error, and no entries in the error log, which should confirm that the previous error log entry was only related to the database access. I'll look into it further and report back...

EDIT: @Kindred: Ok, I think you could split the relevant postings from Chris' thread.
Regards,
Andreas

Chris Curran

Quote from: Kindred on May 14, 2007, 05:39:36 PM
Chris,
SDK is not actually distributed in the release package of 1.1.2. You must have gotten a snapshot of the Daily CVS?

No, this was a clean install of 1.1.1, with the 1.1.2 upgrade applied via PM. Besides my calender mod, I have no other mods installed.

Chris Curran

Kindred,

I checked the tarballs I used to install 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 and none have a 'sdk' path in them. I must have put that sdk subdir there. I don't recall doing it, but it's the only answer than makes sense....

cheers,
me

Advertisement: