A membergroup that removes members from the post count affected membergroups

Started by dry3210, May 29, 2007, 03:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dry3210

I searched but didn't find the same question...I doubt its possible but...

I have the regular post count membergroups that can see the forums...

Is there a way I can create a group that restricts a member from viewing the majority of the boards that does not change according to post count

My issue is, if I make the group, they still can see it cause they fall into the other post count affected groups.  I need to make a group that removes them from that even with their post count.

Kinda like a "punishment" group

Fiery

Hello,

Create another "regular group" as opposed to a "post count group"... then put the members in there, the just change the boards that are visible to them.

dry3210

Quote from: pmp6nl on May 29, 2007, 03:28:41 PM
Hello,

Create another "regular group" as opposed to a "post count group"... then put the members in there, the just change the boards that are visible to them.

Still doesn't work

I put him in the "Inmate" group and made only one board visible but I guess since he's still got 4,000 posts he falls into the "4th gear" member group that goes by posts which allows him to see all the boards...

Fiery

It will take some time but: Go to admin --> Permissions --> Permissions by Board.  Once in there set the boards to local and allow all the member groups you want, except your inmate group

To speed the process try doing one board then use the "Copy permissions from this board" option or similar.

Advertisement: