News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Function DB Improvements

Started by Oldiesmann, June 05, 2007, 09:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldiesmann

Just a quick note to tell you about two improvements I've made to the function DB:

1. You can now view a list of all functions within a single file by clicking on the filename on the main page.
2. The filename is now displayed in the linktree when viewing a function. This also serves as a link to view all functions within that file.

Also, I will be implementing an option to hide the function names on the main page in the near future. This will be changeable via a setting on the main page, as well as through the theme settings section in your profile, so stay tuned for further changes ;)
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

StormLrd

hmm, this sounds good bro, cant wait to see it in action.

SleePy

It is looking better :)

Hopefully the new theme will be incorporated into it soon as well.
Though Oldiesmann, I just looked at it a couple seconds ago and it was missing the index.php :P but then it came back..
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

StormLrd

LMAO dont pick on the man he's working on it lmao. And now i know how busy you been bro lmao, your in for a shock when you come back by the site lol.

Harro

Looking very good!
However, there is a small glitch with Opera.
For example: when you are here: http://support.simplemachines.org/function_db/index.php?action=view_function;function=19
And you hover over that "void " it'll act a little weird.
Try it out.

Oldiesmann

I just integrated it with the new site theme last night :)

Still working on tweaking a few things, and am working on implementing the functionality to hide the function list on the main page, so hopefully that'll be working soon.

Harro - what happens in Opera? I don't have that browser.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Harro

Oldiesmann

Hmmm... That is weird. Not sure if I can do anything about it, but I'll look into it.

Still see a few other issues I need to fix as well.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Oldiesmann

You now have the ability to hide the functions on the main page of the function DB by default.

Profile -> Look and Layout -> Show only files in function db

Choose "Yes" to hide the functions. If you like seeing the functions, then you don't have to do anything as it defaults to "No".
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

H

-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Aaron

Thanks for the update, Oldiesmann! :) Might I suggest having some sort of collapse/expand all feature as well?

Oldiesmann

Just added a button to the main page that will hide or show the functions when you click it. Should work for guests now as well (currently it's being saved as a session variable, but I may change it to use cookies instead).

Quote from: Aäron on June 07, 2007, 12:50:22 PM
Thanks for the update, Oldiesmann! :) Might I suggest having some sort of collapse/expand all feature as well?

That's what the button/custom profile field does. It's easier to do it by refreshing the page than it is to use JavaScript (due to the number of items we'd have to show/hide).
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

SleePy

Oldiesmann,

Using his example I found a problem in the link tree.
http://support.simplemachines.org/function_db/index.php?action=view_function;function=19

SMF Function List does not take you back to the function index but the current function you are on.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Oldiesmann

Quote from: SleePy on June 07, 2007, 05:07:51 PM
Oldiesmann,

Using his example I found a problem in the link tree.
http://support.simplemachines.org/function_db/index.php?action=view_function;function=19

SMF Function List does not take you back to the function index but the current function you are on.

Whoops! Thanks for pointing that out. I'll go fix it :)
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Oldiesmann

Ok. That issue has been fixed.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Aaron

Quote from: Oldiesmann on June 07, 2007, 04:55:35 PM
Quote from: Aäron on June 07, 2007, 12:50:22 PM

That's what the button/custom profile field does. It's easier to do it by refreshing the page than it is to use JavaScript (due to the number of items we'd have to show/hide).

I knew that, but I thought it'd be neat to toggle the option on-the-fly. :)

Rudolf

For SMF 1.1 the Security.php page shows two functions that have been removed in 1.1: setBit() and getBit().
I will update all my mods in the next few weeks. Thanks for your patience.

SVG-Collapse (you need an SVG compliant browser)

SleePy

Quote from: Rudolf on June 08, 2007, 03:32:50 PM
For SMF 1.1 the Security.php page shows two functions that have been removed in 1.1: setBit() and getBit().

Well it wasn't in 1.1 RC3 but in RC2 it was. So It has been updated to only show it up to RC2..

Oldiesmann

Whoops. Thanks for noticing that :)
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Humbe

Well done,

Thanks a lot again!

Advertisement: