News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Thank-O-Matic

Started by enik, June 12, 2007, 12:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shazoo!

I only tested it on the one I'm using at the moment, a hand created group called "admin"

enik

You have to give permissions to each group.

Regards enik...

shazoo!

Quote from: enik on July 10, 2012, 07:52:06 PM
You have to give permissions to each group.

Regards enik...

I gave permissions to the group I wanted to have the permissions, The "Own Member" option is not working.

simzman

Hi All,

Recently upgraded to SMF 1.1.16 (from 1.1.11) and re-installed Thank-O-Matic 1.2.5

Works in Default theme and a few others, but not in YaBB SE Theme (1.1)

Tried manual install on YaBB php files, with no success. Any suggestions?

shazoo!

Quote from: simzman on July 16, 2012, 02:48:07 AM
Hi All,

Recently upgraded to SMF 1.1.16 (from 1.1.11) and re-installed Thank-O-Matic 1.2.5

Works in Default theme and a few others, but not in YaBB SE Theme (1.1)

Tried manual install on YaBB php files, with no success. Any suggestions?
Are the images uploaded to the theme?

simzman

Unlikely, Will check now.

The themes that worked with Thank-o-matic still have the hyper-link for 'thank-you' and sometimes a missing image file.
In which case, adding the image to the theme folder would fix it.
But with YaBB, there is no sign of a thank-you link or even a mention of 'thanks given' below the avatar of a user...

Will try anyway, thank you.

simzman

Tried uploading necessary files to YABB (classic) theme directory. No change.

I did notice that Thank-o-matic is supported by 1.1.14, 1.1.15, 2.0, 2.0.1, 2.0.2
No 1.1.16 listed  :(

Perhaps I should re-upgrade my forum to 2.x
From what I've read that could open another can of worms. Got another 15 packages installed and they may not be compatible with 2.x

Anyone had any success with ThankOMatic 1.2.5 on SMF 1.1.16 with YaBB SE 1.1 (classic) theme?

shazoo!

Didn't you say it's just not working on one theme though?  If so, the version shouldn't have anything to do with it, then, right?

I have version 2.0.2, so I'm not sure if the images are in a specific folder or not.

:(

Kindred

1- if 1.1.15 is supported, so it 1.1.16 - even if the auto-install doesn't trigger without emulation.
2- with the 1.1.x series, you will have to MANUALLY make any code changes to ALL themes, other than the default.
3- with any mod, if you add a theme after installation of the mod, you may have to MANUALLY apply any code changes to that theme's template files.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

simzman

Quote from: Kindred on July 17, 2012, 09:27:42 AM
1- if 1.1.15 is supported, so it 1.1.16 - even if the auto-install doesn't trigger without emulation.
2- with the 1.1.x series, you will have to MANUALLY make any code changes to ALL themes, other than the default.
3- with any mod, if you add a theme after installation of the mod, you may have to MANUALLY apply any code changes to that theme's template files.
Thank you Kindred and Shazoo!

While following the manual install instructions (parsed for 1.1.16) I noticed that some of the files that need to be edited do not exist in the theme I want to use.
In the past with manual install, I have edited the default theme files and where I can I edit the specific theme files, which has worked.
It's a huge manual install. Will give it a shot  ;)

I also tried copying necessary php files and images to theme directory.

* The theme was already installed - thank you mod worked, I upgraded from 1.1.11 to 1.1.16, then re-installed the thank-you mod - stopped working on one theme (YaBB). Newer version of the YaBB theme are only available in 2.x versions.
* Also what do you mean by 'emulation' in auto-install?

MrNicotine

I found some irregularities in some thank you counts, with no errors in the log.
But when I use "Repair and optimize Thank-O-Matic tables" I get an error about my database.

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ':id_msgs)
LIMIT 1' at line 3
Bestand: /var/www/vhosts/mysite.com/httpdocs/Sources/ThankYouPost-Maintaince.php
Regel: 792

Also a tip that my database is still at SMF2.01 while my forum is at SMF2.02 and I should use upgrade.php.
I did this a while ago, when I upgraded to 2.02, and so far without any other problems. This is the first.
It's unlikely I would have to do this again.

Any advise?

Edit: I found in my packagemanager that my version of Thank-o-Matic is 3.0? At the modpage I see 2.0.
Maybe my version isn't suited for 2.02?

Tomy Tran

Not that, some time some errors still happen might be cause from out of host's uptime, if it is rarely, just remove log report. But if it occurs usually, you should pay attention to it. I just tell my case, after a period, it'd gone.

shazoo!

The latest tapatalk plug-in uses this mod!

Pyrhel

Hi guys!

I have a problem with the plugin - its menu does not appear in the admin panel. I haven't installed anything after it and one day i saw that the menu is missing. I'm not sure when, but i've updated the PHP on the server and maybe i've missed an php extension.

I've tested it using absolutely clean version of the smf with a clean db - same result, after the install the config menu of the plugin is missing. I have some other plugins like fb sidebox, image resizer, etc and their menus are also missing. There are no errors in the apache files, everything looks normal. Do you have any ideas? Here how the admin panel looks:

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Pyrhel

Missing from default and clean installation of the forum and plugin? Mmm, no...

Kindred

Ummmm... Yes. I suspec that the mod does not have the UTF8 strings.

Check for the strings in your language files, modifications.english  or maybe modifications.englishutf8
Слaва
Украинi

Pyrhel

Unfortunately all translation files are there. A screenshot from Admin.english.php:

Kindred

but are you actually using "english" for your forum, or are you using "English UTF8"?
Your first picture shows the EXACT screen you would be getting from missing txt strings, plain and simple,
Слaва
Украинi

Pyrhel

I have several test accounts with different languages. The first screenshot is from account in English. It uses "english", not english-utf8. If i put "echo $txt['thankyouposttitle'];" in the "Subs-ThankYou.php" in the "ThanYou_add_admin_areas" function the string is displayed in the admin page on top. I'm 99% sure that the problem does not come from the translation files. I've put my apache and php in error level debug and there is nothing in the logs.

I'm running the SMF on a FreeBSD jails and i think the problem appeared when i upgraded the PHP, PHP-extensions or the Apache. Unfortunately I saw the problem yesterday and i don't know exactly when it appeared and cannot tell for sure what caused it. My thoughts are on the PHP/apache, because i've tested it on absolutely clean (empty) db and forum and the problem also appeared. The only common thing is the platform. PHP ver: 5.4.4

Advertisement: