Previous topic - Next topic

johnpaul2k2

i installed it on my theme

this is how everything look from a different account in my forum

i couldn't access the THANK YOU button

Shambles

Quote from: johnpaul2k2 on December 03, 2012, 12:30:27 PM
i installed it on my theme

Did you tick the boards that you want it to appear on? They're in the mods configuration panel. Also, if you're using board profiles like "no polls" (etc) the buttons will not appear.

johnpaul2k2

i have done it. working now. i went to edit some part of PERMISSION  :P
THANKS ALOT

Bankai44

Lurking for a while, Admin for SMF sites for a while...perhaps a easy answer for a simple question:

How do I update the text within the ThankOMaticEnglish.xml to display what I've changed it to?  I wanted to fix the text for the "Follow members gave a thank to your post" to say either "Fellow members gave a thank to your post" or "The following members gave a thanks to your post".  But when I edit it on my server, it doesn't reflect the change.  Am I forgetting to edit something else?  Am I suppose to uninstall the Mod and re-install (which I've tried and get an error)?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Shambles

They're not in that file (that file is part of the installation, though in theory you could repackage the mod with your changes in).

The file you need to change is in Themes/default/languages and is called Modifications.{english}.php or index.{english}.php (<--- that's the one for the string you want to change)

Bankai44

Quote from: Shambles™ on December 08, 2012, 12:34:39 PM
They're not in that file (that file is part of the installation, though in theory you could repackage the mod with your changes in).

The file you need to change is in Themes/default/languages and is called Modifications.{english}.php or index.{english}.php (<--- that's the one for the string you want to change)

Awesome, thanks!  That was it and was easy!  Would you know why the images for the Mod would drop off all of a sudden, installed it yesterday.  Forum version 2.0.1

Arvacon

Quote from: jobam on October 11, 2012, 01:18:20 PM
Hello everyone!

That 's the first time I approach the construction of a forum .. I would say it should not be too bad ... lol

I have 'a problem with this mod: Thank-O-Matic.

Using SMF 2.2 and the version of the mod specifically for this release (3.0).

When you installed all the tests are positive, including those which use the Theme (Extreme Ibz).

The installation appears to be successful .. except that tthere is no signs of Thank-O-Matic anywhere.. zero.. nada...

After the installation should send me back to the configuration pages, but I go back to the main screen.

I tried to do it all using only the basic theme, but the result is' the same.

I do not even see in the configuration panel.

Add that to now I am working in local XAMMP installing on my pc.

There 'some kind soul who could help me?

Thanks in advance

Hi. I have exactly the same problem at my local installation with wampserver.
I tried default theme and also a second installation of my forum, but seems the problem is same as above. Everything seems fine at installation but afterwards you can't see the thank-o-matic at administration panel.
Is there any solution about this problem?
I use the last version of smf.

jack001

<hr class="post_separator" />';

it is showing this error in my forum's theme 'test failed'. And i even dint find the above code in display.template.php.

It is saying to 'add before':

';

// Show the Thank You list or the link or.... nothing? XD
echo '
<div class="ThankOMatic ', $message['approved'] ? ($message['alternate'] == 0 ? 'windowbg' : 'windowbg2') : 'approvebg', '" style="display: '.($message['thank_you_post']['isThankYouPost'] ? 'block' : 'none').';" id="ThankOMaticID' . $message['id'] . '">
<span class="error" id="ErrorThankOMaticID' . $message['id'] . '"></span>';
// Output the Template for Thank-O-Matic (Normal found in the index.template.php)
// It will fall back into a standard function, if this template_thank_you_post doesn't exists!
if ($message['thank_you_post']['isThankYouPost'])
{
// Mistake? Function not loaded oO.
if (empty($context['call_thank_you_post_func']))
loadThankYouTemplateFunctions();

// Call the correct function =D
$context['call_thank_you_post_func']($message['thank_you_post'], $message['id']);
}
echo '
</div>

https://www.edufor.xyz Edutainment forum - Education with Entertainment!

Badboy

@Jack001

Code (FIND) Select
<div class="bottom_gradient">

Code (ADD BEFORE) Select
';

// Show the Thank You list or the link or.... nothing? XD
echo '
<div class="ThankOMatic ', $message['approved'] ? ($message['alternate'] == 0 ? 'windowbg' : 'windowbg2') : 'approvebg', '" style="display: '.($message['thank_you_post']['isThankYouPost'] ? 'block' : 'none').';" id="ThankOMaticID' . $message['id'] . '">
<span class="error" id="ErrorThankOMaticID' . $message['id'] . '"></span>';
// Output the Template for Thank-O-Matic (Normal found in the index.template.php)
// It will fall back into a standard function, if this template_thank_you_post doesn't exists!
if ($message['thank_you_post']['isThankYouPost'])
{
// Mistake? Function not loaded oO.
if (empty($context['call_thank_you_post_func']))
loadThankYouTemplateFunctions();

// Call the correct function =D
$context['call_thank_you_post_func']($message['thank_you_post'], $message['id']);
}
echo '
</div>
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

congminh1709

I use this mod on smf 2.0.3 and get this error

" The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF. "

Any suggestion for me, thanks?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

johnpaul2k2

how can i design my "THANK YOU"??????

the simple "thank you" there is kinda boring :(

shazoo!

I'm receiving this error in my log:

http://<mysitename>/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=showThankYouPosts;sa=messages_given;u=59

Database Error: Column 'id_msg' in where clause is ambiguous

File: /forum/Sources/Profile-ThankYouPost.php

Line: 199

What could be causing this?

Adk-Team

BCK

thanks for the mod...is there a way to show the username who gave the thank you in a post???

Shambles

thanks for the mod...is there a way to show the username who gave the thank you in a post???
Doesn't yours?

Take a look at the screenies on the mod download page.

BCK

no username...just a member gave a thank you??? any idea why?

update...was a setting issue..got it...thanks

4LP3RUZ1

I'm having a lot of trouble with this mod, none of the integration hooks seem to be working.  I started a post here:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=494967.msg3470527#msg3470527

I got the admin page working by manually editing Admin.php and adding
'thankyoupostsettings' => array(
'label' => $txt['thankyouposttitle'],
'file' => 'ManageThankYouPost.php',
'function' => 'ManageThankYouPost',
'icon' => 'thank_you_settings.png',
'subsections' => array(
'general' => array($txt['general_settings']),
'layout' => array($txt['mods_cat_layout']),
'permission' => array($txt['edit_permissions'], 'enabled' => allowedTo('manage_permissions')),
'boards' => array($txt['admin_boards']),
'modrelated' => array($txt['thxmodification']),
),
),

But the maintenance page, the profile page link area=showThankYouPosts both dont work.

I get no errors while installing. After installation I check all the files and the edits are in place. The extracted files are in place and have proper permissions. The hooks are in the settings variable in the database. What is missing?
Frozen frogs are back :(

Shambles

Quote from: 4LP3RUZ1 on January 14, 2013, 02:05:25 PM
...What is missing?
Did you configure/tick the boards that are to have the thank-o-matic feature enabled?

4LP3RUZ1

Yes.

I did get everything sorted out, but by hacks (editing Admin.php and Profile.php to hardcode the hooks into the source code), not solving the real problem. I'm wondering what the actual problem is.
Frozen frogs are back :(

Advertisement: