Moderation / Ban Log Improvements (Admin Actions)

Started by drhamad, May 31, 2007, 11:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drhamad

I find it very frustrating that, as far as I can tell, the ban log does not track who actually does the bans.  Further, I'd like for some log to track who makes account changes - for instance, we have groups that restrict the ability to make signatures or avatars or access to certain areas, etc, for people who can't behave but we don't want to ban.  I'd like to be able to see who puts people in those groups... and for that matter, who changes anyones group status.
FMVperformance:  3.51m posts, 63k members, 11 boards, 1 database

Mazda3Forums - SmallVolvos - MazdaSpeeders Mazda Club - FordFusionClubMazda CX-7 Club - MyMazda6
Now introducing: MKSdrivers.com - FocusDrivers - TaurusDrivers

Marcus J

I'd like to see this as well.  Been having minor issues with phantoms in the forum.

Thantos

Well it is a Moderation log not an administration log.

It is possible we might add a seperate log in the future but nothing has been discussed on this.

The best thing you can do is to only give those permissions to people you can trust.

drhamad

Quote from: Thantos on June 06, 2007, 05:29:30 PM
Well it is a Moderation log not an administration log.

It is possible we might add a seperate log in the future but nothing has been discussed on this.

The best thing you can do is to only give those permissions to people you can trust.

Whatever you want to call it, in large forums, not being able to look up what people have done makes administrative decisions difficult, at best.  It isn't a trust issue... heck, I don't even use the Moderation Log for that purpose.  Why would I have Mods I don't trust, either?  I've never had a problem with people doing things they shouldn't.  But when I get an e-mail or PM from somebody asking about a restriction placed on their account, I need to know who to contact about it... heck, sometimes it's even myself, and it has just been long enough that I don't remember.
FMVperformance:  3.51m posts, 63k members, 11 boards, 1 database

Mazda3Forums - SmallVolvos - MazdaSpeeders Mazda Club - FordFusionClubMazda CX-7 Club - MyMazda6
Now introducing: MKSdrivers.com - FocusDrivers - TaurusDrivers

Advertisement: