Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

An update on 2.0

Started by Grudge, June 16, 2007, 03:57:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kamili34

I will be wait and checking whats new. I promise  :P

Smith6612

SMF 2.0 is going to be awesome, plus it's gonna help me out a lot more. I can't wait for the day for me to download and install it to my server.

shadow82x

I wonder if SMF2 will be even faster???
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

Smith6612

Well, assuming that it's a new version, the coders would probably want it to be faster and not cause as much of a load on the server, but it probably most likely depends on the features you want/have enable and how fast your server is.

shadow82x

Ya my server loads in "Page created in 0.135 seconds with 8 queries." thats the fastest forum out there. It will be pretty hard to beat that.
Colin B

Smith6612

I've seen servers only take 0.019 seconds to be processed with SMF before if that's what you mean...

My server is low end, and not many people visit my site so I get a server generation time of around 0.33 seconds on the latest SMF install. It may take that time to generate the page, but when I'm on my LAN, it still loads up instantly.

Daniel15

Quote from: shadow82x on July 10, 2007, 10:44:28 AM
I wonder if SMF2 will be even faster???
It will have its own caching system for if you don't have a cache like XCache or APC installed, so yes, it should be faster :)
My forum (http://www.daniel15.com/forum/) has "Page created in 0.076 seconds with 15 queries", most of the queries due to the sidebars I have (portal system with stuff like "Most popular topics"). If I use the default SMF 1.1 theme (which is unedited), I get "Page created in 0.051 seconds with 6 queries" :)
I'm on a relatively low-end system (AMD Athlon 2000+, 1 GB RAM, MySQL with default configuration, XCache), and it would probably be even faster on a more powerful system ;).
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.
Go to smfshop.com for SMFshop support, do NOT email or PM me!

shadow82x

So therefore SMF2 will have a good cache system and will be faster?
Colin B

Yeshai Bouskila

Is there any chance to get files of SMF 2.0 for translation? not the system it self.
I want to start translation into Hebrew

Thank you
Yeshai
www.yeshaib.com - VBScripting, VB and more
www.inrim.net - android development how to...
www.pdapoint.net - Hebrew tech blog....

Aaron

As SMF 2.0 isn't quite done yet, translating would be inadvisable at this point. Simply because a lot of strings might be edited and/or removed. :)

SleePy

Well since it is only a beta you shouldn't be upgrading your forum soon as it is released. Mods wont work, Themes may fail.
So even when it is released I would suggest waiting a bit before you even think of upgrading your forum to 2.0 beta. This should give time for our language translators to get them done.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

nitins60

Ah, my server s too low end system. I have few major mods like admanagement, hide tag spl, thank o matic, registered links, member colors link. My board index  queries 28, time 0.072seconds (avg). Other pages 33queries with almost same page loading time

Smith6612

Your server sounds like a high end server compared to mine. All mine is, on a normal day about 12 queries with a page generation time around 0.33 seconds, and that's with only 2-3 people on with the online list. Other pages, it'll take 0.42+ seconds to generate the page, and one topic takes 5.025 seconds to be processed, while on other servers, it's made in 0.320 seconds. The nice thing though is, I've been getting horded by Yahoo lately (getting like 108 Yahoo bots in within 2 minutes), and for a slow server, it handled the load just fine, but my internet got laggy as the bots came in (because they were coming in so fast, making 5 connections at once).

kamili34

Better later but in the best quality  :P ;)

AdrenalineRider

Cant wait to see the final release ... :D .... BTW, is it possible to get a preview of the 2.0 on a diffrent website ?

Gary

There's a few websites here and there that are using 2.0, all owned by the team of course. :P

Like my site for example :P

-ALM
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Dragooon

Karuhun

I'm (and the rest) very please to hear for major version change.

motumbo

Quote from: ALM on July 18, 2007, 10:23:55 AM
There's a few websites here and there that are using 2.0, all owned by the team of course. :P

Like my site for example :P

-ALM

SMF is STILL using tables for layout in SMF2???   >:( >:( >:(

Aaron

Quote from: motumbo on July 24, 2007, 06:02:59 PM
SMF is STILL using tables for layout in SMF2???   >:( >:( >:(

As far as I know, that's being worked on. :)

Advertisement: