News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Converting posts from wwwthreads to smf?

Started by Axcu, October 07, 2004, 06:06:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Axcu

Hi all, my first post.

I went through the conversion of a "mixed-version" YaBB SE 1.5.1/1.5.4 to the SMF 1.0RC1 quite flawlessly. Thank you for it.

However, I am every now and then itching to have my old "wwwthreads" messages converted into a newer forum (just because I have thousands of messages which would be good to have available again) system. Is it possible to convert those messages to SMF (into "some readable format") somehow?

Info, help?

[Unknown]

Sorry for taking so long to respond.

I'm not sure if this is or isn't possible.  I know someone once worked on a YaBB SE one (you may want to look at yabbse.org's forum..) but it is a complicated process... the posts are just stored in html.

Do you know if any other software (phpBB, etc.) have converters?  If so, you may be able to use them to get to SMF.

-[Unknown]

Axcu

Atleast vBulletin claim to have a converter, but...

hxxp:www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33416 [nonactive]

(available only for customers)

Oldiesmann

Hmmm... wwwthreads appears to have changed to UBBThreads, which is the php-based forum system from the same people who made UBB (now UBBClassic). Not sure what to tell you. Besides - that post on the vBulletin forum is over 4 years old, so there's no guarantee that file actually exists anymore, and it's not worth shelling out $86 (the cost for a "leased license" that you have to renew every year) to find out.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: