News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Chat in future of SMF ?

Started by edi67, April 18, 2004, 02:00:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluevoodu

that is loaded through everywhere chat, right?

IE its not local onto my webserver?

IS there a chat mod coming in the future that will be integrated with SMF and that would be local on my webserver?

thanks,
†B†V†
We want you to join:
Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Oldiesmann

Yes, it's loaded through everywherechat. At this time I don't know of any other chat mods that would be on your webserver only. However, I'm sure someone could always make a custom chat mod for you... There are a lot of good php-based chat scripts out there - phpOpenChat, X7 Chat and Andys Chat 4.5 Gold to name a few. There's a nice list here. If you find one you like, let me know and I'll see if I can whip something up for you.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

bluevoodu

Just a question... is it possible to integrate PHPMyChat :http://www.phpheaven.net/en.html
with SMF?

So that it can read the users from the board.. and only the users of the board are allowed to use it?

I know this can be done, I have seen it with Vbulletin.

What happens is the chat is stored at: www.your-site.com/chat
but somehow it can read the users from the messageboard...

Would you (or anyone) know how to do this?

Thanks!
†B†V†
We want you to join:
Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

[Unknown]

Hmm.. it requires register_globals... and looks like it would be a bit of a change.

-[Unknown]

ryanbsoftware

Quote from: Oldiesmann on June 01, 2004, 09:50:09 AM
Yes, it's loaded through everywherechat. At this time I don't know of any other chat mods that would be on your webserver only. However, I'm sure someone could always make a custom chat mod for you... There are a lot of good php-based chat scripts out there - phpOpenChat, X7 Chat and Andys Chat 4.5 Gold to name a few. There's a nice list here. If you find one you like, let me know and I'll see if I can whip something up for you.

i'll take you up for that deal. ;)

Advertisement: