Fireboard to SMF

Started by Brane29, June 20, 2007, 09:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brane29

Hi to all!
I have modified simpleboard to smf converter so it can work to convert fireboard to smf.
I know it is not so hard, but someone could have problems so I attach fireboard to smf converter.

Sory for my bad English.

Greetings from Croatia!

KGIII

Thanks for your contribution. I'll respond to this to bump it up and maybe Orstio will see it and know what to do with it.

My PC Support Forum
Please ask in-thread before PMing
                   SMF Help
                   Visit My Blog

How can we improve the support process?:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=163533.0

SMF vs. Godzilla? Who do you think will win?

clanspot

I currently have Fireboard installed but noone likes it because of the lack of Polls and other features which most people use. I would like to consider converting from Fireboard to SMF as I have seen these features used here that my members like.

Can you give a some indepth detail on how to go about doing the converstion and mention weither or not I will lose my current post?

Thanks,
James

KGIII

I imagine the converter is just like any other. Read this:

Converting to SMF

My PC Support Forum
Please ask in-thread before PMing
                   SMF Help
                   Visit My Blog

How can we improve the support process?:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=163533.0

SMF vs. Godzilla? Who do you think will win?

miristilo

Hi, and thanks for this converter, but i have a problem... seems that all is ok less the content of posts... appear something that this:

img width=][img width=][img width=][img width=][img width=][img width=][img width=][img width=][img width=][img width=][img width=][img width=]]http://www.[img width=]darqu[img width=]t[img width=]ctura.[img width=]nfo/co[img width=]pon[img width=]nt[img width=]/co[img width=]_f[img width=]r[img width=]board/upload[img width=]d/[img width=][img width=]a[img width=][img width=][img width=]/[img width=][img width=]lf[img width=]uf[img width=]c[img width=][img width=]nt[img width=][img width=][img width=].jp[img width=][/[img width=][img width=][img width=]][img width

Any solution?

Thanks¡¡

hawker

Can someone advise where I should point this for FireBoard, I tried:

/www/www/forum/components/com_fireboard

I also tried:

/www/www/forum/administrator/components/com_fireboard

both come up saying it can't find the setting file for SimpleBoard.

Unable to find the settings for Simpleboard 1.0 and 1.1. Please double check the path and try again.

miristilo

I did the conversion with parent path of joomla, and all ok  less the content of posts... as you can see in previous post...

Try it, and please, if u can do the conversion, explain me¡ thanks

hawker

I got it working, realize my mistake, wrong path.

Anyway, I have the same problem as you. Be good to find a solution.

gmbrdilos

thanks for the converter but the posts come out as miristilo said they do
any solution to that?

hawker

I wonder if this data shows up in the database. Perhaps if we export the database, and remove [img width=] it'll work?

hawker

I can remove the img width crap out of the database, but it's just gibberish etc

I'd say it's something in this screwing us:

/******************************************************************************/
--- Converting posts (this may take some time)...
/******************************************************************************/

TRUNCATE {$to_prefix}messages;
TRUNCATE {$to_prefix}attachments;

---* {$to_prefix}messages 200
---{
$row['body'] = preg_replace('~[file name=.+?]http.+?[/file]~i', '', $row['body']);
$row['body'] = preg_replace('~[img size=(\d+)]~i', '[img width=$1]', $row['body']);
---}
SELECT
   m.id AS ID_MSG, m.thread AS ID_TOPIC, m.time AS posterTime,
   SUBSTRING(m.subject, 1, 255) AS subject, m.userid AS ID_MEMBER,
   SUBSTRING(m.name, 1, 255) AS posterName,
   SUBSTRING(m.email, 1, 255) AS posterEmail,
   SUBSTRING(m.ip, 1, 255) AS posterIP, m.catid AS ID_BOARD,
   SUBSTRING(mt.message, 1, 65534) AS body, '' AS modifiedName, 'xx' AS icon
FROM ({$from_prefix}fb_messages AS m, {$from_prefix}fb_messages_text AS mt)
WHERE mt.mesid = m.id;

Pacha

Same problem all categories good but the content is all ******, anyone got the bug resolved?

gmbrdilos

I could seriously use a working converter right now. Migrating my site to drupal and I dont want to use their forum module

redone

This was never an "official" converter in the first place therefore support for it seems limited to the original author who modded the Simpleboard one.

I am not saying you will not get support on this but you have to also understand that Fireboard is a relatively new software.

gmbrdilos

Quote from: redone on July 14, 2007, 04:32:34 PM
This was never an "official" converter in the first place therefore support for it seems limited to the original author who modded the Simpleboard one.

I am not saying you will not get support on this but you have to also understand that Fireboard is a relatively new software.

dude we are just looking for help, its not like we are demanding anything.

Pacha

Quote from: redone on July 14, 2007, 04:32:34 PM

I understand that and thats why i test the converter in a development joomla/fireboard installation and not in the main site, but fireboard as easy to install and ready to use is ok, but is millions years from full production forums out there, i have many sites whit Vbulleting and IPB, but SMF seems the #1 option to integrate whit joomla CMS.

Sorry for my grammar, English is not my main language.

gmbrdilos

Quote from: Pacha on July 14, 2007, 05:31:03 PM
I understand that and thats why i test the converter in a development joomla/fireboard installation and not in the main site, but fireboard as easy to install and ready to use is ok, but is millions years from full production forums out there, i have many sites whit Vbulleting and IPB, but SMF seems the #1 option to integrate whit joomla CMS.

Sorry for my grammar, English is not my main language.

on my part, I am looking towards ditching joomla completely

hawker

I got it working. Don't know how. I thought it was buggy, but used the SMF admin to re-calculate posts etc and now it works fine!

I'm going to try it on my second site, and if it works again, I'll upload the modded version for people to try!

Pacha

BUt how, i keep getting all forums, members, titles post count fine but the messages text are all ****** up. What version of SMF and Fireboard are you using

hawker

Yep my modified files works fine. It errors at forum statistics, but you can recalculate that in SMF!

All my software is the latest :)

Advertisement: