News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Fireboard to SMF

Started by Brane29, June 20, 2007, 09:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pacha

Can you put the modified file?

hawker

Ok,

I am not guaranteeing this will work, but it has worked on two of my sites!

What I did was run this script as normal, it will error and say statistics did not update, but this is fine! You will need admin access to your SQL database, as you might have to update your user to admin, as it may drop your permissions.

To fix the statistics issue, simply log into the admin section of the site, go to Forum Maintenance and then run 'Recount all forum totals and statistics.'

thanks

gmbrdilos

how how how I need to know how!

Pacha

Work perfect on my test site WOW man thx alot <3 you!!

it always drop the user admin permissions to member but it only do that to the admin user, i have other user whit admin privilege and work fine, just go to members permission and make the user admin, administrator again.  i dint get the error you mention but is a test site whit dummy data maybe i will get that errors on the working site.

hawker

I recommend you go through and just run all the maintenance stuff in the admin panel, as this will fix errors etc :)

gmbrdilos

ok the script made me just a member and not an admin, how do I make myself admin again?

Pacha

Make another account admin before running the scrip. the script always make the "admin" user a regular member but if you got another account whit admin privilege work fine. after running the scrip log whit the other user and make the "admin" user administrator again via smf members control panel.

hawker

If you have access to your database, you need to set your user level to 1 instead of 0

gmbrdilos

k thanks hawker, I changed my privilages through the database.

clanspot

Can someome list some simple yet detailed instructions on how to utilize this script? I am using Joomla obviously and will also be using the JoomlaHacks SMF Bridge. Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,
James

vostrihodamon

Quote from: clanspot on July 30, 2007, 02:00:46 PM
Can someome list some simple yet detailed instructions on how to utilize this script? I am using Joomla obviously and will also be using the JoomlaHacks SMF Bridge. Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,
James

Hi clanspot,

I had the same question as you, but I have managed to migrate succesfully to SMF from fireboard and joomla.
The steps that I had followed:
1) Install SMF to your web server
2) download the file fireboard_converter-HawkeR.zip
3) extract this file localy to your pc. upload the 2 files that you will find in the extracted directory " fireboard_converter-HawkeR " to your SMF directory :
   - convert.php
   - fireboard_to_smf.sql
4) at your webserver's SM directory, open the " Settings.php " file. In there, you will find the user name and the password for the database access :
example :
########## Database Info ##########
$db_server = *************
$db_name = *************
$db_user = 'web_smf';
$db_passwd = 'rfGassdfdGFG';
$db_prefix = *************
$db_persist = 0;
$db_error_send = 1;

5) copy the db_user db_passwd values to a local text file to your pc.
6) Go to the sql admin. Add db_user value to the databases of your SMS and Joomla installation.
7) Go to www.(yourwebaddress)/(smf_installation)/convert.php
8 ) declare the joomla directory at first level (no need to point to the components to reach to the fireboard
9) input your smf web server path
10) input (better copy paste from the local file to be sure) the db_passwd value

You are finished. For me, this steps worked very nice and smooth. Thanks everybody and especially hawker for the scripts modifications.

Good luck to your migration efforts.

mach4

hi,
not konvert czech char :( ěščřž. pls help

what fix? viz log?

Converting...
Converting members... Successful.
Converting categories... Successful.
Converting boards... Successful.
Converting topics... Successful.
Converting posts (this may take some time)... Successful.
Converting topic notifications... Successful.
Converting moderators... Successful.
Clearing unused tables... Successful.
Converting attachments...
Warning: copy(/home/ftpsite/mach4.cz/www//components/com_fireboard/uploaded/images/1012101_LRG.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\forum\convert.php(827) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: copy(/home/ftpsite/mach4.cz/www//components/com_fireboard/uploaded/images/wmc001.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\forum\convert.php(827) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: copy(/home/ftpsite/mach4.cz/www//components/com_fireboard/uploaded/images/post_173_1180382073.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\forum\convert.php(827) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: copy(/home/ftpsite/mach4.cz/www//components/com_fireboard/uploaded/files/media_center_1.zip) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\forum\convert.php(827) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: copy(/home/ftpsite/mach4.cz/www//components/com_fireboard/uploaded/images/44486v.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\forum\convert.php(827) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: copy(/home/ftpsite/mach4.cz/www//components/com_fireboard/uploaded/files/DECCHECKSetup.zip) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\forum\convert.php(827) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: copy(/home/ftpsite/mach4.cz/www//components/com_fireboard/uploaded/files/videoinspector.zip) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\forum\convert.php(827) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: copy(/home/ftpsite/mach4.cz/www//components/com_fireboard/uploaded/images/imgres.htm) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\forum\convert.php(827) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: copy(/home/ftpsite/mach4.cz/www//components/com_fireboard/uploaded/files/images.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\forum\convert.php(827) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: copy(/home/ftpsite/mach4.cz/www//components/com_fireboard/uploaded/files/Ram_Graf_v1_91.zip) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\forum\convert.php(827) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: copy(/home/ftpsite/mach4.cz/www//components/com_fireboard/uploaded/images/8600gts.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\forum\convert.php(827) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: copy(/home/ftpsite/mach4.cz/www//components/com_fireboard/uploaded/images/D965S14.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\forum\convert.php(827) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: copy(/home/ftpsite/mach4.cz/www//components/com_fireboard/uploaded/files/NeroDriveSpeed_300.zip) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\forum\convert.php(827) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: copy(/home/ftpsite/mach4.cz/www//components/com_fireboard/uploaded/images/uzivatele.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\forum\convert.php(827) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: copy(/home/ftpsite/mach4.cz/www//components/com_fireboard/uploaded/images/J7F4K1G5D.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\forum\convert.php(827) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: copy(/home/ftpsite/mach4.cz/www//components/com_fireboard/uploaded/images/spectra.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\forum\convert.php(827) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: copy(/home/ftpsite/mach4.cz/www//components/com_fireboard/uploaded/images/LE37M87BD.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\forum\convert.php(827) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: copy(/home/ftpsite/mach4.cz/www//components/com_fireboard/uploaded/images/spectrabb.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\forum\convert.php(827) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: copy(/home/ftpsite/mach4.cz/www//components/com_fireboard/uploaded/images/lc16m_v1.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\forum\convert.php(827) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: copy(/home/ftpsite/mach4.cz/www//components/com_fireboard/uploaded/images/karma.gif) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\forum\convert.php(827) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: copy(/home/ftpsite/mach4.cz/www//components/com_fireboard/uploaded/images/basso.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\forum\convert.php(827) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: copy(/home/ftpsite/mach4.cz/www//components/com_fireboard/uploaded/images/leadtek_8500gt_lp2.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\forum\convert.php(827) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: copy(/home/ftpsite/mach4.cz/www//components/com_fireboard/uploaded/images/mpiso_front.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\forum\convert.php(827) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: copy(/home/ftpsite/mach4.cz/www//components/com_fireboard/uploaded/images/kubuntulogo2.png) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\forum\convert.php(827) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: copy(/home/ftpsite/mach4.cz/www//components/com_fireboard/uploaded/images/mythtv_logo.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\forum\convert.php(827) : eval()'d code on line 4
Successful.
Converting avatars...
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '"' in C:\wamp\www\forum\convert.php(827) : eval()'d code on line 6

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '"' in C:\wamp\www\forum\convert.php(827) : eval()'d code on line 6

Successful.
Recalculating forum statistics... Unsuccessful!
This query:

ALTER TABLE `joomla`.smf_smileys
    ORDER BY LENGTH(code) DESC;

Caused the error:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'LENGTH(code) DESC' at line 2

mach4

why script paragraph of all benefits řčů ... me be in our language need (czech)

pardoning behind my bad English

clanspot

Thanks so much Vostri I am going to try it out when I get home. Would you happen to have MSN Messenger so that if I need help you could possible assist me? I am not too familiar with SQL DB and I would hate to lose what information I have. A backup is going to happen but I would rather it be a one shot try thing.

If so, my MSN Messenger is: [email protected]

Thanks,
James

rlharp5375

I am not a coder, but I am pretty good at following directions.  Here was the error I just got.  Suggestions?

Converting categories... Unsuccessful!
This query:
INSERT INTO `the***_***latest`.smf_categories
(ID_CAT, name, catOrder)
VALUES ('501', 'Board Business', '1'),
('502', 'Welcome to The ***********Center Community ', '2'),
('503', 'Chit Chat', '3'),
('505', 'Natural Pregnancy and Birth', '4'),
('506', 'Natural Parenting', '5'),
('509', 'Natural Living', '6'),
('507', 'Ages and Stages', '7'),
('508', 'Others Like You', '8'),
('504', 'Classifieds', '9');
Caused the error:

Duplicate entry '255' for key 1

clanspot

This worked brilliantly on my test server. I wonder if a full test will work as well. Leave it to me to find out eeh? Thank you once again for your support and response to

lumiere

Hi !

I try convert FB to SM with this script but during the process I've somtehing like this:

Converting...
Converting members... Unsuccessful!
This query:
INSERT INTO `skarzysk_sko`.smf_members
(ID_MEMBER, memberName, realName, signature, posts, karmaGood, passwd, emailAddress, location, is_activated, dateRegistered, lastLogin, hideEmail, ID_GROUP, lngfile, buddy_list, pm_ignore_list, messageLabels, personalText, websiteTitle, websiteUrl, ICQ, AIM, YIM, MSN, timeFormat, avatar, usertitle, memberIP, secretQuestion, secretAnswer, validation_code, additionalGroups, smileySet, passwordSalt, memberIP2)
VALUES

('62', 'admin', 'admin', '', '233', '18', '2198534f6a6ff14f786f246c9a8d1ef5', 'mail adres', 'Polska', '1', '1172438493', '1187256823', '0', '0', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', ''),
('62', 'admin', 'admin', '', '233', '18', '2198534f6a6ff14f786f246c9a8d1ef5', 'mail adres', 'Polska', '1', '1172438493', '1187256823', '1', '0', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', ''),
('62', 'admin', 'admin', '', '233', '18', '2198534f6a6ff14f786f246c9a8d1ef5', 'mail adres', '', '1', '1172438493', '1187256823', '1', '0', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', ''),

Powtórzone wyst?pienie '62' dla klucza 1

I've no idea, how could I change admin ID. I should delete my admin on FB or something?

Rgds from Wroclaw,
K

ikki_83

does this converter works with fireboard 1.0.3 too?

ikki_83

i've got this error... why?
Warning: Unknown: failed to open stream: Permission denied in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed opening '/home/httpd/vhosts/XXXXXXXXXX/subdomains/provaforum/httpdocs/smf/convert.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in Unknown on line 0

Sarge

Quote from: ikki_83 on September 30, 2007, 09:01:23 PM
i've got this error... why?
Warning: Unknown: failed to open stream: Permission denied in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed opening '/home/httpd/vhosts/XXXXXXXXXX/subdomains/provaforum/httpdocs/smf/convert.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in Unknown on line 0

Looks like a permission issue. Chmod convert.php to 777 (or 755 in some hosts).

How do I chmod? / what is chmod?

Please do not PM me with support requests unless I invite you to.

http://www.zeriyt.com/   ~   http://www.galeriashqiptare.net/

<H> I had zero posts when I started posting

Advertisement: