News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Fireboard to SMF

Started by Brane29, June 20, 2007, 09:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lcx

shure there is! This says everything you need to know!
SELECT command denied to user 'web49-testforum'@'localhost' for table 'jos_users'

mysql localhost -u web49-testforum -p

select * from jos_users;

Sarge

Quote from: lcx on March 05, 2008, 11:02:14 AM
shure there is! This says everything you need to know!
SELECT command denied to user 'web49-testforum'@'localhost' for table 'jos_users'

select * from jos_users;

First, you have to select the database before running SELECT on tables. For example, if the Joomla! database is named joom, you have to go in this order:

use joom;
select * from jos_users;

I assume your SMF install is on a separate, different database? Do you have some sort of control panel? You need to assign web49-testforum to the Joomla! database, as well as the SMF database. cPanel, for example, allows you to do this.

The MySQL user needs access to both databases:
Common conversion errors.

Please do not PM me with support requests unless I invite you to.

http://www.zeriyt.com/   ~   http://www.galeriashqiptare.net/

<H> I had zero posts when I started posting

KPDub

Okay, installed a seperate joomla and put a backup from the main site in there.  Then installed SMF into the same directory and on the same database.  conversion worked with a couple of minor errors.

My control panel is running really slow so trying to fix now.

Thanks for the help and fast responses so far, much appreciated :)

amnion

Okay, I don't actually have Fireboard on any site, since my Joomla site crashed out and I transferred over to Drupal.  I do, however, still have the database files, and I currently have both the jos_fb tables in the same db as the smf ones, so that I can just run the SQL queries.  I tried opening the fireboard_to_smf.sql and running each query in phpmyadmin, but immediately I get an error:
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '{$to_prefix}members' at line 1 .  I thought it might have been that my jos_fb was in latin, so I converted it to utf8 and it still did the same error.  Can someone please help?  My site is in serious trouble and I just want to get my forums back up and running.

lcx

you can't run the query directly, as you can see: {$to_prefix}members, $to_prefix is a variable! you have to replace this by your joomla prefix I guess.

amnion

that's what I was thinking, because I didn't recognize that.  So you think it will work if I replace that code with the jos_fb_ prefix? 

Okay, disregard, apparently it isn't that simple.  That .sql file was clearly meant to be used in conjunction with the covert.php.  Come to think of it, I do have all the joomla files stored on my server.  Maybe I can find the path and try the converter.

amnion

I gave the right path to joomla and to smf and got another error:

The error MySQL gave was: Table 'fatalfit_drupal.jos_users' doesn't exist

I have no idea why it's trying to put the db name with the table

Update: it was because there was one missing "fb_" before a "users" and after that it quit giving me that issue.  Only thing is that I need to figure out where the file is to edit the config for fireboard so it points to the correct database.

amnion

I had to install Joomla again, with fireboard, repopulate the jos_fb tables with my data, so that I could use this converter.  I put BOTH FB and SMF into the same database with the same username and the same password, so there would be no room for error.  But this is what came up:

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of Simpleboard 1.0 and 1.1. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error MySQL gave was: Incorrect database name ''

JayBachatero

Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Advertisement: