News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

{$latest_member.name}, in subject line !!!

Started by Nitro, October 09, 2004, 09:38:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nitro

NO! THIS IS NOT AN ERROR FROM THE SUBJECT LINE.

I have came with this idea. so far so good When we send emails to different people all we got to do is use variables in the body text and they will change according to the members information. NOW, how about having this only one variable --- {$latest_member.name} or {$member.name}--- in the subject line so when my members get my email they will see their name right up front! HOW COOL IS THAT!

this will be more personal, they will think you are sending an email to that person only. most of the members don't even know we are sending many emails to everybody!

what do you think?
-richard
MPF Rocks!!!

[Unknown]

! You can now use variables in the subjects of mass emails. (ManageMembers.php)

-[Unknown]

Nitro

where do i get managemembers.php? is it here in this site somewhere?
MPF Rocks!!!

Tristan Perry

Quote from: mrichard on October 10, 2004, 11:34:52 AM
When Unknown posts like that (! Something or other) that means he has added that to the changelog for the next version of SMF. This means that Unknown has added this feature to the next release of SMF  :)

Nitro

is that right? i didn't know that, ok. i guess i have to wait again for another cool feature. this one will really help us in our message board.

-richard
MPF Rocks!!!

Nitro

Quote from: Tau Online on October 10, 2004, 11:48:49 AM
When Unknown posts like that (! Something or other) that means he has added that to the changelog for the next version of SMF. This means that Unknown has added this feature to the next release of SMF :)

Tao, how do you make your banner clickable? i mean, i can just put the mouse over and i know if it has a link to it. how do you do it?
thanks man!
MPF Rocks!!!

Paul

Quote from: mrichard on October 10, 2004, 11:58:41 AM
Quote from: Tau Online on October 10, 2004, 11:48:49 AM
When Unknown posts like that (! Something or other) that means he has added that to the changelog for the next version of SMF. This means that Unknown has added this feature to the next release of SMF :)

Tao, how do you make your banner clickable? i mean, i can just put the mouse over and i know if it has a link to it. how do you do it?
thanks man!
[url= the url here] [img] the image url here [/img] [/url]

Nitro

oh ok, so that little code will anable my banner clickable?
let me try it.

thanks man!
MPF Rocks!!!

Paul

Quote from: mrichard on October 10, 2004, 12:11:18 PM
oh ok, so that little code will anable my banner clickable?
let me try it.

thanks man!
No problem.

Advertisement: