Simple Machines Forum 1.1.3 and 1.0.11 released

Started by Thantos, June 24, 2007, 10:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmecca2

Photoshocker

Thanks works great from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 with a lots of mods installed. No problem at all...

shadow82x

Also worked fine :) Nice job
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

[MaxX]

perfect upgrade via package manager for me, cheers! :)

青山 素子

Upgraded on PowWeb, 1&1, and a custom cPanel host for me just fine.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Grendor

Thanks for a great product and for great support in it.

Patch went well and all mods seem to work fine.

Grendor

Giangi2

smf  1.1.2 -> 1.1.3
error

Upgrading...
Updating Settings.php... Successful.
Updating and creating indexes...
    Updating indexes on "messages"... done.
    Updating table indexes... done.
    Reordering boards and categories... done.
    Updating indexes and data on "smileys"... Unsuccessful!

This query:
ALTER TABLE smf_smileys
ORDER BY LENGTH(code) DESC;
Caused the error:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'LENGTH(code) DESC' at line 2

I Have PHP 5.2.1 and Mysql 5.0.37

Whats ??????

jdl

The upgrade didn't want to play ball at all. This is a bog-standard installation of 1.1.2 with nothing else installed, so I would hope it would work right out of the box, but instead I get:

Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

Against each of the Install Actions steps there's an error "Modification parse error"

What should I do next?

青山 素子

Please remember:
THIS IS NOT A TOPIC FOR SUPPORT. PLEASE POST YOUR ISSUES IN THE SUPPORT BOARD.

It isn't that we don't want to help you, but the support team has tools they use to keep track of issues, and they are coded for the support boards only. Posting there will ensure your support issue is seen.
Motoko-chan

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Sincere

Do you need a special mod for your smf forums? contact me for a quote.

klumy

Robi052

I try manual install patch and that working. In admin panel / Packages some packages missing Uninstall link, but all packages working.

edchapman

Easiest update ever!

I always worry about a ton of work on my theme and restoring mods after updating. This update took all of 5 seconds.
THANK YOU!!

L.G.S

Not to be annoying, but I received this email three times.
FREE and LIVE World Cup + Premier League football streams:

www.gamesandgoals.com

青山 素子

We know of the multiple e-mail issue, sorry for the duplicates. There seems to have been/be an error with the e-mail system. It is being looked into.
Motoko-chan

boldt

Just updated to latest version
This is the first time I have performed an update.
It went smoothly - but my TP is gone?

H

-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

boldt

Quote from: boldt on June 25, 2007, 02:16:20 PM
Just updated to latest version
This is the first time I have performed an update.
It went smoothly - but my TP is gone?
I have started all over
Instead of downloading, unzip and uploading to my webhotel, I opened the administration panel and clicked on "more details" under "Support information" and then I was guide through an update that was faster than a blink with an eye and TP was still operating.

That was fast and easy

apollonios

Advertisement: