News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Login straight to the forum

Started by Darren996, June 26, 2007, 10:33:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren996

Hi,
I have a user that logs in straight to the forum http://toadfishmonastery.com/forum.  The user is an admin.  The login is successful on the SMF side but the Joomla side doesn't see that they are admins.

I was able to duplicate the problem.

Joomla 1.0.12
Bridge 1.1.6
SMF 1.1.3

Thanks,
Darren

SlammedDime

If the user does not login through the bridge login, how would you expect them to be logged into Joomla?  If a user logs in at the standalone forum, they rightfully would not be logged in to Joomla.  They need to access your forum via http://toadfishmonastery.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=18 and login there for them to be logged into Joomla.

Also, it looks like you have two menu items pointing to your SMF installation, one with Itemid 17, and one with Itemid 18... you should only have one menu item.  If you only have one, check your Joomla trash and empty it as well.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Darren996

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

So logging in unwrapped doesn't log you into Joomla?  Is there a way to force the users into wrapped mode?  Even if you do they can still login using the SMF login box right?

Where did you see Itemid=17?  I don't see it.

Thanks,
Darren

Kindred

try reading the sticky posts?

Message in the Combined readme post

the links from the login module reference itemid=17...   which suggests that you have another forum item either unpublished or in your joomla trash.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Darren996

Hi,

I do read post, but there are so many things to go wrong and it's difficult to search for them here.  Thanks for your kind suggestion though.

Ah.  I see 17 when I am logged out, which I never am.  I didn't see 17 in my trash or in my menu.  I saw by directly looking at the table.  I deleted the row and all is well.

I'll have to look at the link you provided and make the suggested hack.

Thanks,
DD

Advertisement: