News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Plz help me to put the ads

Started by winkannaa, June 10, 2007, 10:20:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winkannaa

thnx it works fine.  but why is the threads opening very slow in the site?

and also plz tell me, for which directories i should restrict the permission in ftp?

because, as soon as i installed the forum, i got the message as installer dir still has writing permssion.

plz tell me what shud i do for that?

winkannaa

Plz help me in the following issues:

I have installed few mods successfully at my site.  But i don't have the following images :

mp3.gif
dailymotion.gif
wiki.gif
myvideo.gif

So, i see only the image paceholder in my site while we post.

Kindly help me

And also another doubt.

I have insalled dig mod at my site.  but i don't find the dig option anywhere in the topic.

plz help

greyknight17

I'm not sure why your forum is slow especially on a new SMF install. Have you tried restarting your server?

For the mods, are you installing them via Package Manager? If so, don't do it that way, You are using a custom theme (Dilber) and need to install them manually.

The file with the writing permission you are referring to is most likely the install.php file. Did you delete it? It should be in your root SMF folder and must be deleted after you installed a new setup because it's a security issue if not removed.

winkannaa

i don't see any install.php file in the root folder. i have restarted the server.  but still the  threads open very slow.

The main page loads fast.  but the threads alone are very slow.  kindly help.

About the mod installation, i have done as u have said.  But i don't have the following images as i said above.  kindly help me....

Harro

Also upload those images to the images folder from the theme you are using.

winkannaa

I have successfully installed youtube mod and it was working perfectly till yesterday.

Now i see the video image preview in youtube player.  But when i click the play button, i see blank white space and the video is not playing.

Kindly advice me....

greyknight17

Is it happening to all the videos or just some? I wonder if it can be because the video is taken down from YouTube and still have the image preview...?

winkannaa

Its happening for all the videos.  I checked the video in youtube.  Its working fine.  Only when its embedded i find this issue.  Kindly help me...

greyknight17

Did you install any other new mods or made any changes before youtube issue occurred? Try uninstalling that YouTube mod and reinstalling it back to see if it helps.

Advertisement: