News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF 1.0 RC2

Started by [Unknown], October 11, 2004, 01:09:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

packman

Quote from: ^Raven^ on October 12, 2004, 12:48:09 AM
I'm guessing this means a complete finalized public version will be coming out within a few months, right?

I suspect  that it will arrive long before the long fabled phpbBB2 v2.2  ;D
Chris

trenchteam

Seemless upgrade. thanks. but the packages I used dont work anymore.

This is what it says after I uninstalled, then tried to reinstall the mods.

There are no installation or uninstallation actions defined!

el-brujo

Upgraded from RC1 perfect, but always change permissions from Guests.....

Caedmon Michael

Upgraded just fine, myself.  Wasn't using any packages, so no comments there.  Have a hacked up index.template.php and index.php in the main forum directory.  I had a good list of what I had done to the index.php file, so I uploaded the new file and then hacked it to work.  I didn't keep good documentation of my changes to index.template.php.  Instead of trying to rehack it, I did not upload the RC2 copy.  Instead, after uploading everything else, I compared my version with the RC2 version line-by-line.  Everything works!

Elissen

Quote from: sakamuyo on October 12, 2004, 05:43:08 AM...
I didn't keep good documentation of my changes to index.template.php. Instead of trying to rehack it, I did not upload the RC2 copy. Instead, after uploading everything else, I compared my version with the RC2 version line-by-line. Everything works!

That's why the default template shouldn't be changed. If you create a new theme "my slick theme", set the default to that and change that template your done. A upgrade won't touch your custom theme files, but it will contain new default templates.
And if you don't change a file in your custom template, don't copy the file over to it so it will use the one out of the default template.

My own index.template.php has changed only once since beta 4.1 I think :)

Oh, RC2 is pretty good  - kudos to the dev team 8)

ivogomes

After upgrading some attachments and avatars are not working. I don't know why this happened!!
SMF Portuguese Translator
SMF 2.0 (100% translated)

http://www.ivogomes.com
http://www.portaldascuriosidades.com

Caedmon Michael

Quote from: Elissen on October 12, 2004, 06:15:02 AM
Quote from: sakamuyo on October 12, 2004, 05:43:08 AM...
I didn't keep good documentation of my changes to index.template.php. Instead of trying to rehack it, I did not upload the RC2 copy. Instead, after uploading everything else, I compared my version with the RC2 version line-by-line. Everything works!

That's why the default template shouldn't be changed. If you create a new theme "my slick theme", set the default to that and change that template your done. A upgrade won't touch your custom theme files, but it will contain new default templates.
And if you don't change a file in your custom template, don't copy the file over to it so it will use the one out of the default template.

My own index.template.php has changed only once since beta 4.1 I think :)

Oh, RC2 is pretty good  - kudos to the dev team 8)

Thanks.  All of those recommendations have been followed since I first installed the board.  :)

The default template hasn't been changed, but the index.template.php file in the custom template still had to be upgraded.  I didn't specify I was working from a template other than the default, since that really had nothing to do with the point of my post, which was that there were no hitches upgrading to RC2.  I only mentioned the specifics of upgrading my index.template.php file because I've seen a few posts around asking for specific changes and I was dropping a subtle hint that instead of asking for someone else to do the work and provide a list, you can just look at the files to see what is different.

Elissen

Sorry for that, I made that mistake once myself (editing the default template) :-X

Luckily, there now also is a changelog-themes.txt that should help a lot for the templates so if something needs to be changed it should be easy to find :)

henken

I´ve installed this forum yesterday evening and today i played around with it a little and must say, that this forum is quite a good one. It´s rock solid to say. Looking forward to forthcoming releases and mods. I´m just a user only. Keep up the good work. Well done :)
Regards,

Sascha Henken

Max Shanly

Quote from: ivogomes on October 12, 2004, 06:25:04 AM
After upgrading some attachments and avatars are not working. I don't know why this happened!!

Did you have Mods installed onto your Forum? If so this will be why, you need to re-apply the Modifications onto your Simple Machines Forum.

Max|Linspired

bmwsport

Quote from: FBI on October 11, 2004, 08:34:03 AM
Great..  :D
Integrated with MAMBO? wow!!! Cool...
I will try to install it tonight, upgrade from RC1. And testing.
Also report, if any bugs found.
Thank You again.

Problem occurs while change themes from admin menu:
- Fatal error: Call to undefined function: loadlangtage() in /home/html/Sources/Themes.php on line 125
I forgot to change my template to default SMF, before doing upgrade?

can somebody tell me where to find out info on the Mambo integration?  Primarily, what I'm looking for is a way for members to register with one username/password that will work seamlessly with the Forum and Mambo...  This would be absolutely sexy if this could happen :)

-Jeff Seabrook
bmwsport.net

Kindred

I have an issue with the upgrade...

I ran the upgrade and lost all my package mods (to be expected)

but now it does not give me an option to reinstall them.... I can not even download packages from the servers through the admin center.

Am I missing something?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Robert Flav

Just updated from RC1 on my board without any problems! Now you just need to get the Latest packages on the package manager and the SMF mods site working inside the admin panel and I'll be content with the forum software.

Thanks
Robert Flav

Winters

Upgraded without any problems, thanks!

aaronsnet

i upgraded, and everything works great except actually being able to access the boards.. i continue to get this error:

Unknown column 'b.notifyAnnouncements' in 'field list'
File: /usr/home/aarono/public_html/nada/mb3/Sources/ManageBoards.php
Line: 892

any ideas?

thanks!

[Unknown]

The attachments/avatars thing is a known issue.  It would help greatly if I could see a dump of your attachments table and a list of the filenames in your attachments directory. (I can't reproduce, I need test data..)

If people reattach and/or reupload them, they will fix themselves.

Mambo Open Source

You won't be able to reinstall the mods until they are updated and marked compatible with RC2.

For aaronsnet's problem... you didn't upload all the files from the upgrade package.

-[Unknown]

huijaa

Installation RC2 is accoording of me O.K.
Dovenforum Nederland -- a forum for deaf people in the Netherlands --

Oldiesmann

Quote from: [Unknown] on October 12, 2004, 05:09:22 PM
The attachments/avatars thing is a known issue. It would help greatly if I could see a dump of your attachments table and a list of the filenames in your attachments directory. (I can't reproduce, I need test data..)

If people reattach and/or reupload them, they will fix themselves.

Mambo Open Source

You won't be able to reinstall the mods until they are updated and marked compatible with RC2.

For aaronsnet's problem... you didn't upload all the files from the upgrade package.

-[Unknown]

[Unknown] - don't forget the "other" SMF/Mambo project.

I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to say about it, but I will say that there has been significant progress in efforts to integrate SMF as an actual module of Mambo. More details to come when I find out how much I can say :)
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

[Unknown]

Other?  I think there are like four.... three I can think of right now, and I swear there was another.

-[Unknown]

Bob Gould

I installed the upgrade and tried to download the mods. But when I got to grude's site when I click on the mods I want to download I get "There are no installation or uninstallation actions defined!" What's up?
Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both. - Benjamin Franklin

Advertisement: