News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

problem of size with every template, can you help me?!

Started by fedepan, October 16, 2009, 04:10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fedepan

Hi Guys, i have this problem,

when i post a photo on my forum i see the horizontal bar, but i don't want see that? i've tryed with payment template to have some support but....nothing!!! Is possible make an autorisize of photo or something like that ?! i'd like to know if there some template can help me?

Antechinus

It's an admin setting that has nothing to do with individual themes. IOW, it is an SMF admin problem, not a graphics and templates problem. You need to set the maximum size of images in admin so they are small enough to not cause scroll bars.

Admin >> Features and Options >> General >> 

Max width of posted pictures (0 = disable)
Max height of posted pictures (0 = disable)

[unplugged]

You could also simply add a width within the beginning [img] tag itself, such as [img width=500] where 500 would be what width you would want (or would fit). This would set the maximum width to 500px for that image.
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

fedepan

For Antechinus : i've tried but doesn't work, i've tried with set (0 = disable) and set 1024 but...nothing....

For SunKing .... mmm but i want see the image at full size, in a forum of spotter it's important... we like see our photo

Antechinus

You can't have both. You either display it full sized or you shrink it to fit that page. If it is bigger than the page you will get a scroll bar. That's what scroll bars are for: so you can view content bigger than your screen.

You say you set it to 1024. How big is your monitor? If your monitor is only 1024 then you will need to restrict images to 800 or less to avoid a scroll bar, because the image is not the only thing on that page. You have other content like margins, paddings and avatars, etc..

bullbreedluverz

Quote from: fedepan on October 19, 2009, 05:30:10 AM
For Antechinus : i've tried but doesn't work, i've tried with set (0 = disable) and set 1024 but...nothing....

note that changing the image size settings in admin panel only changes the size of images posted AFTER you set the size and not images already posted on the forum so if you change the size then any previously posted images will still keep there original size

looks like ur using a fixed width forum theme and as such you will need to set the image sizes to smaller than the width of the post area width otherwise they will always have scroll bar if posted images ar larger than that size

the image sizer mods work well for fixed width forums as i believe you can have a thumbnail that will enlarge with pop up image when moused over/clicked upon but again i believe the image thumbnail resizing again will only resize images to a thumbnail for images posted AFTER you install a mod of that type - i could be wrong but i used 1 before and thats what happened on my site that only new images posted after the mod install were thumbnailed

Antechinus

Good points. I had forgotten about existing images not being resized, although you can resize therm by editing the bbc tags in the posts.

fedepan

Quote from: stikkki on October 19, 2009, 07:03:47 AM
Quote from: fedepan on October 19, 2009, 05:30:10 AM

the image sizer mods work well for fixed width forums as i believe you can have a thumbnail that will enlarge with pop up image when moused over/clicked upon but again i believe the image thumbnail resizing again will only resize images to a thumbnail for images posted AFTER you install a mod of that type - i could be wrong but i used 1 before and thats what happened on my site that only new images posted after the mod install were thumbnailed

This thumbnail should be great!!!! How I ca do that or where I can find it?

Advertisement: