SMFtg off-line template generator

Started by A.M.A, October 11, 2004, 08:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Numair

http://www.apni-mehfil.com
Where Fun Never Fades!

Miraenda

Would this be updated to have version 1.0.3 for it?  This is such a great utility as I downloaded it yesterday and tried it out, but the forum file it has is 1.0 (and perhaps that isn't a big deal as I didnt really fully read everything it is changing, but still think an update would be good).

Again, great great utility for SMF. 

A.M.A

Really sorry .. real life is demanding my full attention .. will be back soon hopefully :)

Miraenda

Yeah, I figured it would work fine, but again an update would be nice, so would this be updated to have version 1.0.3 for it at some point?

Themes for 1.0 work for 1.0.3, but to have 1.0 at the bottom for the utility is going to potentially confuse people who download it, so it would be nice to update it for that reason alone.  At least, editing the very first post to note that it works for 1.0.3 would be a good idea.

Thanks for your consideration.

A.M.A

Thanks for noting that ..I've edited the first post as you suggested.
I'll try to update the version numbers though they will not effect the resulting index.template.php nor the style.css
Really sorry .. real life is demanding my full attention .. will be back soon hopefully :)

Miraenda

Thanks for doing that A.M.A and for creating this utility :)

doll

If you believe you can do it, you will.

rhizome

Just to check, does this work for 1.05?

And also 1.1 beta or will you wait for the final release

thanks

coastal

Is this no longer available?  The download doesn't seem to be working.

Opethian

Wow... You're great man... This is very useful... :) Thanks!

arachnopolis

noelchiew

How do you apply the generated index.template.php file by the program to the forum? it is not just simple copy n paste all???

cos when i did that, it gives me a "Template Parse Error!" message and the forum just went dead.

please help.

noelchiew

[Unknown]

Quote from: noelchiew on August 27, 2005, 07:58:35 AM
How do you apply the generated index.template.php file by the program to the forum? it is not just simple copy n paste all???

cos when i did that, it gives me a "Template Parse Error!" message and the forum just went dead.

please help.

Perhaps there's a bug in the program.  I'm afraid the author currently isn't available.

In the mean time, you may wish to try:
Integrating the forum into your site... (although this is more work.)

-[Unknown]

LetSDie

Metal_GunBlade

Life is ours to be spent, not to be saved

noelchiew

Quote from: [Unknown] on August 30, 2005, 02:57:59 PM
Quote from: noelchiew on August 27, 2005, 07:58:35 AM

please help.

Perhaps there's a bug in the program.  I'm afraid the author currently isn't available.

In the mean time, you may wish to try:
Integrating the forum into your site... (although this is more work.)

-[Unknown]

will the author be back soon?  :)

A.M.A

am back :)
you need to copy the generated index.template.php file over your existent one. There is no need to copy/paste.
Please note that this program works with the default theme .. you cant use it for other themes nor an altered version of the default one.

prjktdtnt

Quote from: marcnyc on October 14, 2004, 04:29:53 AM
what if you made it web-based instead of software based so that every user on every OS can use it?
Yea me being a Debian GNU/Linux user/sysadmin I can use the origional posting for my system.

Advertisement: