News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMFtg off-line template generator

Started by A.M.A, October 11, 2004, 08:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A.M.A

SMFtg
with this program (for Windows) you can:
- modify any elements in the main cascading style sheet (style.css).
- five predefined index layouts.
- view or save changes.
- works with SMF 1.0 - 1.0.5

Screenshots:
Sample#1
Sample#2

Download:
SMFtg (272kb)
Really sorry .. real life is demanding my full attention .. will be back soon hopefully :)

CapriSkye

marcnyc

bloc

Very good! Did you program that yourself..?

DJ CP

hxxp:www.freepgs.com/crazypellas/forum [nonactive] -
My Forum

1948Pal

This is great, it's gonna help me a lot.
Shukran Jazeelan  ;)
"No matter how long the river, the river will reach the sea".
Eugene Fitch Ware

revILLution

Is there any way to have my users be able to choose the colors they want without me having to provide numerous themes? With all the changes I am doing to the layout, it would be endlessly aggravating to have to do the minimalistic changes across all the different files.

A.M.A

marcnyc:
sorry cant do that

Bloc;
yes

1948Pal:
Yahala

revILLution:
am afraid no

Thanks a lot all :)
Really sorry .. real life is demanding my full attention .. will be back soon hopefully :)

[Unknown]

Actually, a theme could be made to do what revILLution is asking for... using theme options and/or settings.  It just wouldn't make as efficient use of style.css :(.

-[Unknown]

ViSioNaRy

What if they made a little command sequence to copy and rename like blue.css, red.css etc. to style.css? Of course you still have to update each css as needed.
ViSioNaRy   ;D

HEB XI 1

I get an Error #53 when I try to view a template?  Says file not found, even tho I saved it to the Ready folder and can open it with an editor.

Pixy Polly

marcnyc

what if you made it web-based instead of software based so that every user on every OS can use it?

A.M.A

eXaulz:
Glad you find it of use.

hebxi1:
Please browse to: (SMFtg\Sample-Temp\xxView) and check if these files are missing: index.html , indexDEF.html .. btw are you using IE!

Pixy Polly:
You are welcome.

marcnyc:
Hard for me to do it.

marcnyc

too bad  :(

Mac's too nice, fast, smart and beautiful to go back to slow buggy PCs ;-)

HEB XI 1

Files are there ... was able to open them directly using FireFox.  I have IE on my PC for double checking web work, but it's not default.

A.M.A

The program looks for IE either in C or D driver under this folder ( :\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe) I know it is a bit restrictive .. may be make the browser a user defined in next version .. but for now am afraid you have to view them manually.

[Unknown]

Quote from: A.M.A on October 15, 2004, 01:46:47 PM
The program looks for IE either in C or D driver under this folder ( :\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe) I know it is a bit restrictive .. may be make the browser a user defined in next version .. but for now am afraid you have to view them manually.

If you execute "start" with the argument "http://www.google.com", the default browser will come up.

So, why not try using "start" with "fille://c:\blah.html"?

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: