News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

VB 3.6.7 to SMF okay but ...

Started by zhangfei, July 21, 2007, 11:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zhangfei

Hello everyone,
I have sucefully tranfered everything (hope so anyway) to smf using the 3.5 converter ?? i have a very small forum :( ...

But I do have one questions what should i check to see if everything is good to go cause i made the convertion on my localforum not on the live one yet ...

and another little question the path off my forum will change since I will put it in another folder how do I keep the same path afterward for my user ?
I tought about deleting the VB folder and renaming the SMF one like VB folder but when I do so then some problems arise normal ...
Where can i edit the SMF path ?

Thanks for the help and the excellent work with SMF
best regards

redone

You could move the SMF install into that folder after removing your old vB forum. Other than that you could use a simple re-direct which can be done via .htaccess or from your web hosting control panel.

babjusi

QuoteI tought about deleting the VB folder and renaming the SMF one like VB folder but when I do so then some problems arise normal ...
Where can i edit the SMF path ?

After doing that, run repair_settings.php and click on the recommended values. That will set all the paths, urls and the other settings in their proper places. And make sure to delete it after you are done. Hope this helps

Advertisement: