News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

What is repair_settings.php?

Started by [Unknown], October 13, 2004, 12:54:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

outlawsclan

This worked great!!!!
Thanks you saved my ass

SleepinGiant

Awesome worked, great job everyone

SleepinGiant

tarly

Ok i read the thread, i messed somtthin up and cant figure it out, i have downloaded the repair and changed all the sources.  But i still get an error when i go to the site.
atal error: Cannot redeclare template_hp_shoutboxmain() (previously declared in /home/content/t/f/o/tfotarly/html/Sources/Load.php(1735) : eval()'d code:61) in /home/content/t/f/o/tfotarly/html/Sources/Load.php(1735) : eval()'d code on line 271

I tried to install a shoutbox and this happened??
www.thefallenonesclan.com is the url

any help would be great

thanks
Vance

wladymeer

For some reason, I tried to download it and I've got .htm file instead of .php - however, renaming it to .php did the trick

kat

It's been doing that, for me, lately, too.  :(

[SiNaN]

Quote from: wladymeer on June 21, 2009, 04:52:01 PM
For some reason, I tried to download it and I've got .htm file instead of .php - however, renaming it to .php did the trick

Quote from: Kat on June 21, 2009, 04:58:33 PM
It's been doing that, for me, lately, too.  :(

It works fine for me with FF 3 and IE 8. What's your browser?
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

kat

I've tried Opera, Firefox, that M$ thing and K-Meleon.

wladymeer

It works perfectly, but it asks me to save as repair_settings.htm - I've changed extension to .php and it worked.

Anyway, I'm using Opera beta 10 and right now I've tried IE8, Opera 9.64 and Firefox 3.0.6 and it seems that both Operas are the only causing this "problem" as it saves as a php in IE and FF.

dillon

I have run repair_settings.php and fixed all my path errors and deleted it.  Now the forum seems to be working but theme is gone.  It's just blank white behind all text.

Any help is appreciated.

Arantor

Please open a new support topic in the appropriate support board with further details, including what theme you're using.

dillon

Oops, sorry everyone.  After reading all 7 pages, I assumed this was the support thread.  Please delete.

Snaky_Love

is there an updated version of repair_settings.php that fixes ALL themes?

Oya

no, it just fixes the default theme - you can fix the rest from inside the admin panel

ravenzmoon

Just so you know I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!  LOL   

I was installing a chat on a forum and I decided to clean the files up.  Well one of the 'extra forums' I had was listing all documents I needed for a site.    I had backed up everything BUT that one.  And after spending hours and hours trying to figure out if anything could be saved.  Tech experts telling me to just accept I had lost it all.... I said nooooooo.   I read this site for awhile and once again you saved my britches!!!   
With every breathe my soul takes, there is the light of the moon.

FireDitto

I'm going to move my site from;

mysite.com/forum to mysite.com

Before I do, I want to make sure I understand completely to avoid toasting it!

I move everything from the /forum out of the 'forum' folder, so instead of being "SPWOoc/forums" on my FTP it is simply "SPWOoc" and all the SMF folders follow down from there as they should.

Then I use repair_settings.php to correct the paths, and everything should work properly...

Correct?
Second Pass Weyr<br />An AU Pernse RPG<br /><br />SMF 2.0.6 with SP 2.3.5

Suki

Yes, that is what you should do, remember before you do anything, make a forum and database back up, the database bacckup isnt really need it, but better safe than sorry.

When you use the repair_settings, below every path, SMF will try to detect your new path, 99% of the times that is correct, also, don't modify anything from the database settings, you will only have to edit the paths and urls.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

MrPhil

Quote from: FireDitto on September 14, 2011, 08:53:54 PM
I'm going to move my site from;

mysite.com/forum to mysite.com
If the whole point of the exercise is to avoid having to type in "/forum" the first time someone visits, you'd be far better off using a redirect (in .htaccess file) to jump visitors to mysite.com directly to the /forum. Among other things, it will preserve members' bookmarks and the forum's search engine standings. It will keep your site root directory uncluttered, and it's always good to allow for future site growth -- put a blog in /blog, and a shop in /shop, etc. where they won't step on each other's toes; and you have a custom "landing page" with links to the forum, blog, etc.

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond  %{REQUEST_URI} !^/forum
RewriteRule  ^(.*)$  /forum/$1 [L]

FireDitto

Where does that code go?

And that's cool. I didn't know you could do that.

At present, I'm not worried about those options, as I've used the linked-databases tip and so have the sub-domains connected (ooc.website, rp.website, bts.website) and have the main (website.com) left uncluttered for all additional things. I also have the option to add more subdomains if I need to, and everything will, eventually, be linked directly from website.com to make things easier.

This is why I wanted to remove the /forum, since none of the others have it (the forums are dumped directly on the main sub) and I wanted to avoid confusion of why rp.website is at that address, while ooc is located at ooc.website.com/forum. Namely because I cheat and simply change the subdomain's name and press enter to jump directly to the same area on the other board; with the /forum it makes it somewhat more difficult and slightly confusing =)
Second Pass Weyr<br />An AU Pernse RPG<br /><br />SMF 2.0.6 with SP 2.3.5

MrPhil

Quote from: FireDitto on September 15, 2011, 10:38:36 PM
Where does that code go?
In the .htaccess file (assuming you have an Apache server).

I cheat and simply change the subdomain's name and press enter to jump directly to the same area on the other board; with the /forum it makes it somewhat more difficult and slightly confusing =)
Whatever floats your boat...  :laugh:

Advertisement: