News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

What is repair_settings.php?

Started by [Unknown], October 13, 2004, 12:54:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eragonn

I did, but there aint a ******ing single soul that want to help me out....lame support around there....<.<

Well....I'll try it here, maybe you read it or not!

I did want to change the forum url from this one ( hxxp:web1.39186.vs.webtropia.com [nonactive] ) into this one ( hxxp:www.l2-aod.com [nonactive] ), but it seams that I did mess something up.....

And now I cant login, I cant even change the changes I did....Please help me, I dont want to install it again....

Another thing....I get this msg when I enter the forum(at the buttom of the page)

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!

This msg did pup up after I did the changes, and I also did try to upgrade from 1.0.5 to the newest one....1.1RC or something

Xarcell

I get this problem at the bottom of the repair_settings page.

Warning: Unknown(): open(/tmp/sess_98ae7a61fe75c9d52ce870e55a9fddd8, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

Prasad007

Thank you so very much for this repair tool! Just what i needed! will try it out now!! :) :)

vdubbia

So just to clarify...  I want to change the location of my forum from www.mysite.com to www.mysite.com/forum/

To do so I should first upload this script to my current root folder (vs. the new one), then after I run the script indicating the www.mysite.com/forum/ folder, I then copy all my forum files to that folder?

Which do I do first?

Thanks.

vdubbia

Quote from: wowzer on January 18, 2006, 07:32:52 PM
So just to clarify...  I want to change the location of my forum from www.mysite.com to www.mysite.com/forum/

To do so I should first upload this script to my current root folder (vs. the new one), then after I run the script indicating the www.mysite.com/forum/ folder, I then copy all my forum files to that folder?

Which do I do first?

Thanks.

Okay, I jumped right in and changed the settings via the script... things looked good, so I went ahead and created my new subfolder and moved my forum folders to the appropriate place on my server.  When I put in my www.mysite.com/forum link, all my .css is gone... I have the skeleton of my forum, but the style, even the default template does not appear.

Any ideas?

JayBachatero

Make sure that you didn't miss any files during the moving.

-JayBachatero
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

vdubbia

Quote from: JayBachatero on January 18, 2006, 08:06:59 PM
Make sure that you didn't miss any files during the moving.

-JayBachatero

Thanks for the quick response... I did make sure that all files were moved.  Is there any way the .css could get messed up by doing this?  Do I have to do anything special with installed themes?

JayBachatero

Can you please provide a link to your forum?

-JayBachatero
Follow me on Twitter

vdubbia

edit

JayBachatero

I'm able to see it w/o any problems.  Do a hard refresh: FF: CTRL R   IE- CTRL F5

-JayBachatero
Follow me on Twitter

vdubbia

You can see it normally now because I changed everything back to the way it was...

Just wanted to get some tips before I tried again... so you're saying that nothing should mess up the .css by doing this move.  Seems easy enough, just surprised to see all the styles lost.

I'm 100% sure I moved everything, but I can try again.

JayBachatero

Maybe an issue with your FTP client.  It shouldn't get messed up. 

EDIT:  I reread your other post.  You should run repair_settings.php AFTER you do the move.

-JayBachatero
Follow me on Twitter

vdubbia

Alright... will try again and report back.

Thanks for the info!

Saynt

When I click on the link to download repair_settings.php it says the page cannot be found! wtf.

going insane
going insane
going insane
going insane

JayBachatero

Can you please try to download it again. I tried to download it and it worked for me.
Follow me on Twitter

shortbuser

I must be an idiot, I click on the link in the first post to download repair_settings.php and it takes me to the SMF download page. Where is this magical mystical file to be found?

JayBachatero

Here.  There seem's to be an issue with the download system and files with PHP extensions.
Follow me on Twitter

Xerxes

Alright, I downloaded it and used all the suggested options. My message icons and smileys still don't work. It seems to just be the javascript that doesn't allow users to click on icons and add them to the message box. The forum seems to work just fine though. I think it may be an issue with my new hosting company. I switched from a windows server to linux. I'll check with their support section. They offer SMF as part of their hosting package. I'm sure someone has come across this over there.

Running: SMF 1.1 RC2

JayBachatero

Try replacing the script.js file on the default theme with a new one.  If that doesn't work PM me a test account.
Follow me on Twitter

Misplaced

Quote from: [Unknown] on October 13, 2004, 12:54:38 AMYou may also need to use this file if you change one of the above settings, and your forum stops working properly.  While this should not happen often, it is possible, which again is why this tool is provided.  If this tool does not solve your problems, please try repair_paths.php

Is there any way to get this tool as well (the link only brings up the SMF download page for forum software... nothing else)?  I've attempted repair_settings.php, but I'm getting the message: "Some settings are not being shown because the MySQL connection information is incorrect."  (The information I entered is correct.)

Currently my forum is inaccessable:  http://www.storsteinanderson.com/testsmf/index.php [nofollow] (I have 1.1 rc2) with the error message:  "Connection Problems  Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later. "

Right now I'm willing to beg borrow or steal to get this fixed if possible.  So, if you could direct me where I can download repair_paths.php, I'd greatly appreciate it!  Thank you!

Advertisement: