News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

What is repair_settings.php?

Started by [Unknown], October 13, 2004, 12:54:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raven.find

When i hit the download link it takes me to the main download page for the application.  I have looked and don't see it there.  Where is it?
Check Us out at hxxp:www.darkhome.org [nonactive]

Will host your board once somethings get ironed out with my ip.

JayBachatero

Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

ddonzal

Gotta say, this saved my butt. Many, many thanks.

Col

I just had a weird situation where I had to use this utility. I moved server last night, and temporarily used the IP address in the settings, with a link from the old forum. No problem, and today the servername had propagated, at least for me, so I changed the the settings to use the URL. Again, no problem, but shortly afterwards, for some weird reason, the name propagation reverted to the old host. Anyway, because I had changed the settings, I was trapped at the index page. Any time I tried to do anything, I was directed to the old forum, because that is where domain name was pointing. So, I used this utility to change the URL back to an IP, but was alarmed to see the warning appear on the forum about the high security vulnerability. It may as well carried a link to the repair settings file with the database password in plain view.

If you are going to have a warning, please place it in the admin area, or make it visable to logged-in admins only. Of course this is a useful tool, but some thought should be given to display of the warning.

Thanks.

JayBachatero

The warning is only showed to Admins ;)
Follow me on Twitter

Col

It did cross my mind as I was writing the above, but I thought, 'it would probably indicate that, wouldn't it'!? ::) ;D Anyway, glad to hear it. It did give me some palpitations at the time! :D

JayBachatero

All of those warning messages are shown ONLY to admins.
Follow me on Twitter

ssanner

Fantastic guys, tried the repair_settings.php and it did the trick.  :P

LoKi`

I've installed the newest version of SMF and only the security patch (from package manager) was needed.
I recieve errors after creating new categories on the forum. The error appears only when I try to manage categories over admin center.

QuoteCan't create/write to file '/var/lib/mysql/tmp/#sql_1094_0.MYI' (Errcode: 2)
File: /srv/www/htdocs/test/Sources/Subs-Boards.php
Line: 1457

I've runned the "repair_settings.php" tool and the problem was still there. On plus, it seems that some options won't save at all.

Queryless URLs:
Value not found!
Output Compression:
Value not found!
Database driven sessions:
Value not found!
Attachment Directory:
Value not found!    
Value not found!    
Value not found!   
Smileys URL:
Value not found!   
Smileys Directory:
Value not found! 

Recommendations are made, but they just can't be saved. I don't see any error messages on the tool neither.

xenovanis

The errormessage you're receiving has nothing to do with repair_settings; it's MySQL telling you something is wrong with the database. You should contact your host about this.

Getting Errors From MySQL?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

LoKi`

I had mysql server started with no temporary (/var/lib/mysql/tmp/) parameter...
thank you for the support.

reason1041

Quote from: CapriSkye on January 14, 2005, 10:32:46 AM
what do you mean it doesn't work?
what you have to is download that file, then upload it to your smf's root folder, for example http://yourwebsite.com/smfdir/ [nofollow]
then run it by going to http://yourwebsite.com/smfdir/repair_settings.php [nofollow]
now just follow the instruction
[/quo
Quote from: CapriSkye on January 14, 2005, 10:32:46 AM
what do you mean it doesn't work?
what you have to is download that file, then upload it to your smf's root folder, for example http://yourwebsite.com/smfdir/ [nofollow]
then run it by going to http://yourwebsite.com/smfdir/repair_settings.php [nofollow]
now just follow the instruction
tied to visit the link after downloading the file and still cant get my forum up and running

reason1041

I think Ive messed up real big on LPs forum. Was going through all of the administrators options and came across something that said "Edit server settings" . All i did was rename a few things then once i clicked save. Now the following message comes up when you try to access the server:

Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ive downloaded several applications and still cant access the forum. is there anyway you can try it.

liberatedpublishing.com/forum/repair_settings.php

JayBachatero

FTP to your site and rename the Settings.php file to Settings_bak2.php.  Rename the Settings_bak.php to Settings.php.  After that rename Settings_bak2.php to Settings_bak.php
Follow me on Twitter

CyndiMJJ

can I ask something if I repair the settings, will the board be damaged and will I loose EVERYTHING that I had on my forum??? this is a very important question... since I have lots of posts on my board!

JayBachatero

No.  Repair settings will just repair the paths and database info if it's wrong.
Follow me on Twitter

CyndiMJJ

Kesvirit

I'm trying to use the repair_settings.php attached above.  After uploading it, and opening it through the forum URL, filling it out completely and submitting it, I'm getting an error displayed above the page

"Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /home/kidc/public_html/smboard/repair_settings.php on line 551"

Any suggestions where I should look to troubleshoot this?

Advertisement: