Another adsense question.. not to display ads in certain pages.

Started by daisukey, July 06, 2007, 06:17:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daisukey

Okay, is there a mod which allows us to avoid ads to be shown in certain pages like register.php private.php? I believe showing google ads on these pages is against their TOS.

Or is there an alternative way to avoid this by simply modifying the template? I'm not a coder so any help is appreciated.

cheers.

redone

There is a mod for adding ad's which you can find here:

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=255

From what I can see it does not allow the permission of disabling ads for certain pages such as registering. I guess though you could disable banner ad's and just include ads within posts which would resolve that issue.

You could of course just drop your adsense code into your template files that would be another solution. Look for index.template.php and drop the code into there.

phexchanger

Quote from: daisukey on July 06, 2007, 06:17:49 AM
Okay, is there a mod which allows us to avoid ads to be shown in certain pages like register.php private.php? I believe showing google ads on these pages is against their TOS.

Is that a violation? I've checked simplemachines' registration page and there is a Google ad.

H

Quote from: phexchanger on July 06, 2007, 12:41:01 PM

Is that a violation? I've checked simplemachines' registration page and there is a Google ad.

Yes it is a violation however it isn't something which google enforce strongly. I believe it was going to be removed from this site but higher priority stuff probably got in the way
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

redone

Quote from: H on July 06, 2007, 12:50:22 PM
Quote from: phexchanger on July 06, 2007, 12:41:01 PM

I doubt Google cares. They are more concerned with click fraud than placement of ads. To be careful I would suggest not placing your ads there that violate the TOS though.

At the end of the day if your site violates Adsense TOS they could and often do suspend accounts without warning. Once your account is gone its gone!

;)

Yes it is a violation however it isn't something which google enforce strongly. I believe it was going to be removed from this site but higher priority stuff probably got in the way

phexchanger

I'll be reading the solution here then, how to prevent the page from showing in the registration page :)

daisukey

Sweet. I guess i made a thread to remind you all then :)

Well there is a mod for vBulletin that does this. In vBulletin you can code it so that you can disable certain codes in desired pages.

For example, if this is "register.php page" then do NOT display this code etc..

------

I think SMF is great but IMO MODs for it is still lacking.. I prefer how I can install products/plugins in vBulletin.

greyknight17

I'm sure you can do the same with SMF if you know where and what code to add in ;)

Bigguy

If you are worried about it and you are using the ad mod then just don't post google ads at the top, bottom, under the menu or in the welcome user area of the forum. There are still loads of other places to put your google ads. :)

Advertisement: