News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

MySQL Errors appear frequently!

Started by henken, October 13, 2004, 02:44:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

henken

Hello together,

i´ve installed the RC2 forum two days ago. It´s a stock install and I haven´t converted anything nor did I install some kinds of mods or something. It seems whenever people are registering on my forum, I get a strange error message in the error logs. Though the registration seems to work. Maybe it´s important for the developer:

2: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource
File: /path/to/my/webspace/smf/Sources/Register.php
Line: 314

2: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource
File: /path/to/my/webspace/smf/Sources/Register.php
Line: 309

Does someone discoveres this too? If some, has someone a clue what this can be? I´m no programmer at all so I cannot say what this failure means. Thanks for help guys :)
Regards,

Sascha Henken

[Unknown]

This is actually a rather silly spelling mistake.  Thanks for catching it.

It shouldn't cause any problems, though, for most people.

-[Unknown]

henken

Hi mate,

thanks for letting me know. And yes. There seems to be no technical or visible trouble on my forum. But it makes me happy if I helped you to discover another glitch :)
Regards,

Sascha Henken

[Unknown]

Just so you can stop getting the error, you'll want to change:

// Administrator?  We'll need to fetch the default theme options for the guest, then.
if ($user_info['is_admin'])
{
$request = db_query("

To:

// Administrator?  We'll need to fetch the default theme options for the guest, then.
if ($user_info['is_admin'])
{
$result = db_query("

For the error in Register.php on line 314 and line 309.  These lines are around 302. (I said all that for the benefit of people searching ;).)

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: