News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Bookmarks

Started by Matthew K., July 16, 2007, 01:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron

Quote from: SunilDVR on March 21, 2008, 06:13:33 PM
This is an excellent mod - thank you!

Thanks for the kind words! :)

I assume that because the data is stored in a separate table, when a forum is upgraded to 2.0 (with the SMF2 version of the mod) it will be preserved?

That is correct! :)

SunilDVR

Quote from: Aäron on March 21, 2008, 06:16:39 PM
I assume that because the data is stored in a separate table, when a forum is upgraded to 2.0 (with the SMF2 version of the mod) it will be preserved?

That is correct! :)

You're welcome - and that's great to hear.

Sunil

Smoky "Rider" Blue

Aaron.. i tried out this mod tonight on my beta.. i have a small problem, and I have asked BigGuy about this.. if you wouldnt mind, here is the thread from his forum, perhaps you can look and tell me what is going on? it installs with no errors, it un installs with no errors, but when i go to make a book mark, it gives me a error, and then when you click on the bookmark tab, it errors..

here is the link for the whole thread, so you can see what went on:

http://www.smfhelper.info/forum/index.php?topic=2509.msg21942#msg21942

too many errors for me to list here. im wondering how did you get this to work. I have a few other mods installed also, but up till now, now errors.

here is a list of what mods i have:

Auto Embed Video Clips      2.1.5       [ Uninstall ]  [ List Files ]  [ Delete ]
2.    Internal Links Use Same Window    1.2    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
3.    DNS Blocklist Bans    1.4    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4.    Save PM as HTML    1.0.6    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
5.    MCLegendII for SMF2.0    1.1.2    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
6.    Users Online Today

perhaps one of the other mods is interfering? but i dont think that is the case, as i would get an error installing or deleting, right? please look into this, as i would love to have the book mark mod on my site, it would be really helpful.. thanks!
**Take the time to remember friendships and family.. Sometimes it's all we have, and missed very much**

Smoky "Rider" Blue

mmm no one has looked into this?? would love for it to work with my site.. will not put it back on till someone can look at this. it isnt making the changes needed in the db.. please help.. thanks.. ;)
**Take the time to remember friendships and family.. Sometimes it's all we have, and missed very much**

SAMm

this mod is excellent
one question
how can i add in every line of each post in the bookmark, the icon of the post itself
like de default

example

Smoky "Rider" Blue

Aaron, any fix to my issue yet??

SunilDVR

Just for anyone who is wanting to use this with the Helios theme, another user (MrGoodbar) has posted a step-by-step here. It applies to the TinyPortal version of the theme, but I've tested it on the regular version and it seems to work fine - see my post in that thread.

Sunil

Smoky "Rider" Blue

im looking for a comment for the beta 3 errors im getting, but perhaps Aaron is fixing them now as i type.. hope so..  ;)

SAMm

i just want the icons :(

chrisb

Quote from: Aäron on January 22, 2008, 02:33:36 PM
If you run this query manually in PHPMyAdmin:

CREATE TABLE smf_bookmarks
(
`ID_MEMBER` mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL,
`ID_TOPIC` mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL,
UNIQUE KEY `ID_MEMBER` (`ID_MEMBER`,`ID_TOPIC`)
);

It should work just fine. :) Note that if you use a table prefix other than "smf_", you'll need to change that part of the query. :)

i was getting that error message and it now works a treat, and no error message when remove topic

chrisb

I have installed the Bookmarks mods 1.1 and i am unable to locate the bookmark mod anywhere on the forum. I cant  see any button for that at all. shouldnt it show up in the menu on the top at all.   :(

here is the sample of of the site

chrisb

there are the errors from the error logs we are getting now

8: Undefined index: bookmarks
File: /home/cxtxtsju/public_html/forum/Themes/default/ManageAttachments.template.php (main_above sub template - eval?)
Line: 651

Charles Hill

I really like this mod.  I added something cool to it.  Perhaps you would like to add it as well.  Well here's a description of what I did...

I wanted to allow users to access their bookmarks quickly through a pop-out drop-down menu by simply hovering over the My Bookmarks link in the main menu.  I modified the main menu in my forum to do this a while ago, so it wasn't too difficult to add it for My Bookmarks as well.  When a user hovers over the My Bookmarks a drop-down menu appears that says 'None' if they have no bookmarks and displays each of their bookmarks as a list if they do have at least one bookmark.  I'll add the code here after I eat some lunch.

edit-

Quote from: chrisb on March 29, 2008, 07:26:45 AM
I have installed the Bookmarks mods 1.1 and i am unable to locate the bookmark mod anywhere on the forum. I cant  see any button for that at all. shouldnt it show up in the menu on the top at all.   :(

Sounds like you need to check the language files in your theme's language directory (http://www.yoursite.com/forum/Theme/yourtheme/languages)... make sure that all the language files that need to  have the bookmark mod's $txt variables added have them.

Smoky "Rider" Blue

Quote from: chrisb on March 29, 2008, 07:26:45 AM

looks like you will have to make a button for the theme as well as edit the theme itself.. since it is a custom theme..

meantime im still waiting on help with the beta bookmarks mod.. pops open a lounge chair and umbrella.. :)

chrisb

what file do i need to edit in the language file and what should go in this file

Smoky "Rider" Blue

Chris, you could go here, and reading the bookmark's xml file it will tell you how and what toi edit for your custom theme  ;)

http://www.smfhelper.info/forum/index.php?topic=590.msg3548#msg3548

rmachado

Well, I trying to put this to work in Portuguese and in a custom theme based on Babylon.

It almost works except I can no see the topic name on the list, and the delete seems not to be working.

Any ideias on this?

rmachado

Aaron

@SmokyBlue: apparently the bookmarks table wasn't created when you installed the mod. Try running the following query in PHPMyAdmin:

CREATE TABLE smf_bookmarks
(
`id_member` mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL,
`id_topic` mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL,
UNIQUE KEY `id_member` (`id_member`,`id_topic`)
);

It should work fine when that table is created.

@chrisb: all language strings for the bookmark mod are stored the Modifications language file of the language you're using. It only adds them for the English and Dutch language by default.

@rmachado: which version of SMF are you using? Also, could you post a screenshot of the bookmark list?

Smoky "Rider" Blue

ok will do that Aaron, and thank you for the help.. will post again if i have any issues again..

thanks!!  ;)

Advertisement: