Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Bookmarks

Started by Matthew K., July 16, 2007, 01:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimmie

that seemed to have fixed the parse error but now I get these errors in my log

8: Undefined index: bookmark_add
File: /home//public_html/Themes/default/languages/Profile.english.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 662

File: /home//public_html/Themes/default/languages/ThankYouPost.english.php (main sub template - eval?)

These errors happen a soon as someone views a topic. They appear to be stemming from users who are using a custom theme. I edited the files, but the add bookmark button isnt showing up on that theme (its fine on the other 2).

*I also cannot get the button on the menu bar to show up no matter which code I use (the one on the parser for the index.template file, or copying the code for a button that already there and changing it to bookmarks.)

Any ideas?

wayneh

Hi -

I just installed your mod in SMF 1.1.5.
The installation went ok (auto install), but I can't see any changes to my Forum.

I am NOT using a custom theme, in fact, I'm using the SMF default theme.

Any ideas what might be the problem?

--Added notes:

On the Main Manu, I am seeing the added separator between "My Messages" and "Calendar", but no text or link for Bookmarks.

On the Topic Menu, I am seeing the added separator between "Reply" and "Notify", but no text or link for Bookmarks.

wayneh

OK - nevermind, I found the problem.

It seems that the 'translations.xml' file had content that was put into the 'Modifications.english.php' file, but NOT into the 'Modifications.english-utf8.php' file.

Once I copied the text strings into the 'utf8' file, everything works perfectly.

ccbtimewiz

Quote from: LinK187 on August 17, 2008, 08:51:26 AM
Hi, I hope my question(s) hasn't/haven't already been answered. If they have pls just link me to the post(s). I didn't have the time to read all the pages in this thread.

I was confused by this: http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=402.msg531#msg531

I was wondering if someone could just straight up post the exact modifications I need to put into the themes:

AA_A_New_Damage: http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/?lemma=107

and

FanTheme: http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=875

To make the bookmark functionality visible. I'm using SMF 1.1.5

Thx  8)

You need to make your own edits manually.

Quote from: Kimmie on August 18, 2008, 05:43:05 AM

File: /home//public_html/Themes/default/languages/Profile.english.php (main sub template - eval?)

File: /home//public_html/Themes/default/languages/ThankYouPost.english.php (main sub template - eval?)

These errors happen a soon as someone views a topic. They appear to be stemming from users who are using a custom theme. I edited the files, but the add bookmark button isnt showing up on that theme (its fine on the other 2).

*I also cannot get the button on the menu bar to show up no matter which code I use (the one on the parser for the index.template file, or copying the code for a button that already there and changing it to bookmarks.)

Any ideas?

Link to site?

LinK187

Quote from: ccbtimewiz

No $hit. I'm asking for help in doing so.

ccbtimewiz

Quote from: LinK187 on August 18, 2008, 06:57:50 PM

No ******. I'm asking for help in doing so.

If you're asking for help to manually install this mod, then attach your files.

LinK187

Quote from: ccbtimewiz on August 18, 2008, 06:58:36 PM

I have the mod installed, I need the tweaks to add to the above mentioned themes so the bookmark functionality is visible and clickable to users. I do believe I provided links to the themes.

ccbtimewiz

Quote from: LinK187 on August 18, 2008, 07:00:03 PM

I have the mod installed, I need the tweaks to add to the above mentioned themes so the bookmark functionality is visible and clickable to users. I do believe I provided links to the themes.

Please provide the files-- as editing the files from the theme itself will not preserve the other mods you already have installed.

LinK187

Quote from: ccbtimewiz on August 18, 2008, 07:02:09 PM
Quote from: LinK187 on August 18, 2008, 07:00:03 PM

Please provide the files-- as editing the files from the theme itself will not preserve the other mods you already have installed.

Which files do you need?

Kimmie

Quote from: ccbtimewiz on August 18, 2008, 06:44:45 PM
Quote from: Kimmie on August 18, 2008, 05:43:05 AM

Any ideas?

Link to site?

patriotgames2.info. However, I have temporarily uninstalled the mod because every time someone viewed a topic it threw both those errors in the log (2 errors for every view added up fast). If you would like me to reinstall it, let me know when you will be available to be on to actaully look at it so I can have minimal time on receiving errors.

chinaren

Hello. I've just downloaded this, but when I go to the installer, I get the following:

Quote3.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/index.template.php   Test failed

I've checked, and the index.template.php file is where it should be.  I'm running the basic theme, with a couple of mods installed. 

Any ideas? 

The Opus Path - The Next Generation of the Written Word

Kimmie

Quote from: chinaren on August 19, 2008, 10:08:54 AM
Hello. I've just downloaded this, but when I go to the installer, I get the following:

Quote3.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/index.template.php   Test failed

I've checked, and the index.template.php file is where it should be.  I'm running the basic theme, with a couple of mods installed. 

Any ideas? 

that means that one of the mods you already have installed has modified that file. You will have to manually install the code for that particular file.

chinaren

Ah, got it. Thanks.
The Opus Path - The Next Generation of the Written Word

AlenNS

Quote from: Aäron on August 07, 2008, 09:46:50 AM
Quote from: AlenNS on August 05, 2008, 05:31:29 PM
I've used codes from MessageIndex.template.php of Babylon Theme and got empty cells with no information.

That's because the rest isn't loaded in Bookmarks.php. You can easily add it to the query though.
Please Aäron, could you help me with this. It is empty for a month. :(

Kimmie

I as able to get all the issues resolved and the mod works great on both my default and 2 custom themes. :)

Ncen

Could people with admin-access be able to view other peoples bookmarks? I'm planing on using that to view my other accounts bookmarks, and both accounts have admin-access. ^^' Because adding the same bookmarks for both accounts is going to be problematic since i have so many on my main account. ^^

Hm, and is it possible to add somekind of counter at the bottom of the page telling you how many bookmarks you have? :)

AlenNS

Quote from: AlenNS on August 20, 2008, 07:41:28 AM
Quote from: Aäron on August 07, 2008, 09:46:50 AM
Quote from: AlenNS on August 05, 2008, 05:31:29 PM
I've used codes from MessageIndex.template.php of Babylon Theme and got empty cells with no information.

That's because the rest isn't loaded in Bookmarks.php. You can easily add it to the query though.
Bump!

Aaron

Quote from: AlenNS on August 20, 2008, 07:41:28 AM

Has it occured to you that you could just revert to the unmodified version of the mod? ::)

Okay, you want replies, views, the last message and its time in it. That's four extra things to load. You can't expect them to work after only adding them to the templates, as they aren't loaded in the query in my version of the mod. You'll have to modify both the query and the definition of the bookmarks array just after the query, too. If you're not sure how to do this, I suggest you have a look at the query in MessageIndex.php, which queries everything you want to show, except it's for a specific board instead of the bookmarks table.

busterone

Hi Aäron. I just installed the bookmarks mod and all went as it should. However, even though it is working for my users, it is constantly giving me this error.

File: /homepages/31/d250717583/htdocs/Themes/default/Display.template.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 1232

My Display.template.php only has 692 lines. This one is confusing the heck out of me.

Aaron

Are you using a language pack other than English? Then you have to modify the corresponding Modifications language file manually. Note that the mod only modifies the non-UTF8 versions of the language files, so even if you are using English but in UTF8, you'd have to modify Modifications.english-utf8.php manually. :)

Advertisement: