News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Bookmarks

Started by Matthew K., July 16, 2007, 01:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siirist

Quote from: Aaron on July 30, 2011, 07:50:02 AM
I have uploaded a new version of this mod to the mod site. :)

This version should install on SMF 2.0 and above without the use of version emulation and should do a better job at adding the 'Add Bookmark' button to the (topic) display template.

Aaron,
This is AWESOME!!!
Saw it was updated for ver 2.0 Final and installed it via Package Manager (except for ../Sources/Subs.php
1) Add before

did that manually with the parse and "Ta Da"!!  Works Awesome. I even added a bookmark to test it.

However, is there a way to Un-BookMark a topic?

I know it will Un-BookMark if the topic is deleted, but I don't want to delete the topic I used to test the BookMark Mod.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Be Well,
Cloud  8)
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

Illori

once you add the bookmark check your bookmark list there is a checkbox/button to delete it.

Siirist

Quote from: Illori on July 30, 2011, 10:29:07 AM
once you add the bookmark check your bookmark list there is a checkbox/button to delete it.

Thank you Illori.

That was easy. Here's a more difficult one.  :P

I want to add an icon for BookMarks, should I post about this over in the Menu Icons Mod Topic, er is this something that can be solved here?

I attached a SS.

Thanks.

Be Well,
Cloud  8)
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

Illori

you would be best to ask in the graphics/templates board if you want an icon made or even help wanted.

Cheese Head

INFO

Just installed works great, many thanks!

Note to other users, after installing it works great from your Admin account but is not visible to your Members.

I had to search but finally found the switch to turn it on for your Members, from your Admin account, go Admin > Members Permissions > Regular members Modify, then under "Use basic forum functionality", check the option beside "Create bookmarks for topics" then Save new settings.

Slug1

Quote from: A_Survivor of abuse on July 30, 2011, 10:23:55 AM
Quote from: Aaron on July 30, 2011, 07:50:02 AM
I have uploaded a new version of this mod to the mod site. :)

This version should install on SMF 2.0 and above without the use of version emulation and should do a better job at adding the 'Add Bookmark' button to the (topic) display template.

Aaron,
This is AWESOME!!!
Saw it was updated for ver 2.0 Final and installed it via Package Manager (except for ../Sources/Subs.php
1) Add before

did that manually with the parse and "Ta Da"!!  Works Awesome. I even added a bookmark to test it.

Be Well,
Cloud  8)

Since I don't know about manually doing all this... is there instructions somewhere on this site that I can read through to figure this out?

Thanks!
Slug1--out

~My blessings are as many as the miles I marched all these years~

Kindred

Go to the mod Downwload page and use the parse button
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Slug1

Quote from: Kindred on July 30, 2011, 08:55:19 PM
Go to the mod Downwload page and use the parse button

OK... so do I install the Mod with the errors and then do all according what is displayed on that parse page?

I also noticed when I did the install, it has a portion at the sub.php line of install something like "find" this and replace "after" also.

Is that really all that I need to do is with just the sub.php file after I do the install anyway?
Slug1--out

Siirist

Quote from: Illori on July 30, 2011, 11:33:36 AM
you would be best to ask in the graphics/templates board if you want an icon made or even help wanted.

Will do.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Be Well,
Cloud  8)
Needed information:

Siirist

Quote from: Slug1 on July 30, 2011, 10:43:02 PM
Go to the mod Download page and use the parse button

OK... so do I install the Mod with the errors and then do all according what is displayed on that parse page?

I also noticed when I did the install, it has a portion at the sub.php line of install something like "find" this and replace "after" also.

Is that really all that I need to do is with just the sub.php file after I do the install anyway?

Slug 1,

I will NOT say this is the right way or the only way, but it is my way of parsing a mod.

A) I write down the directory and the files that Failed
ei, .../Sources/Subs.php

B) I write down the sequence that Failed
ei, 1) Replace,
     2) Add before
     3) Add after

C)I install the mod (when the box says Some files failed and will not be modified. Do you want to install any way? I select "Yes").

D) I open the parse of the mod.

E) I then go to my host's server,

F) launch the File Manager,

G) find the directory and the file that did not get modified,

H) I open the file,

I) I use Alt+Tab to switch to the mod's Parse screen, select, and copy the code in the "Find" box

J) I use Alt+Tab to switch to the file I opened

K) I use Ctrl+F and Ctrl+V to locate the code

L) I use Alt+Tab to switch to the mod's Parse screen, select, and copy the code in the "Replace" or "Add" box

M) I use Alt+Tab to switch to the file I opened

N) I continue this procedure for the remaining modifications that "Failed" until all changes are made to that file

O) I save the file and then move on to the next directory and files that need to be changed and use the same procedure to until all files that "Failed" have been changed.

Perhaps I should find the link to the "proper" instructions on how to parse a mod and place it in my signature.  :-[

Best of luck in your life.  ;)

Be Well,
Cloud  8)
Needed information:

Slug1

Quote from: A_Survivor of abuse on July 31, 2011, 07:27:15 AM
Quote from: Slug1 on July 30, 2011, 10:43:02 PM
Go to the mod Download page and use the parse button

Slug 1,

I will NOT say this is the right way or the only way, but it is my way of parsing a mod.
<snip>

Best of luck in your life.  ;)

Be Well,
Cloud  8)

OK... I got the idea since I've done some very minor edits in a few php files before, usually for cosmetic reasons.

Thanks for the help. I'll be sure to save the original file elsewhere before I begin editing.
Slug1--out

Siirist

Slug1,

Yeah, typed it the way I do it, which is usually "forgetting" to back-up.  :-[

Readers - I back-up daily. ALWAYS REMEMBER TO BACK-UP BEFORE adding mods or making changes to your forum.

Be Well,
Cloud  8)
Needed information:

cosmicxxx

hi aaron, this mod is awesome. thank you very much for creating such mod.

i hope you can help me with my idea... i want to integrate your bookmark mod with another mod. im not a coder, but i know how to edit php files.

i want to integrate your bookmark mod with smfclassifieds, done by smfhacks dot com.

i want to use the mod to bookmark the classified ads listings, separate bookmark for topics and separate for ad listings.

i hope you may spare some time. thanks.

Biology Forums

Quote from: shuban on July 24, 2011, 11:00:57 PM
To the author:

Could you help me add a number next to the My Bookmark in the menu that denotes how many bookmarks you have? Kind of like when you have mail, it has the number in brackets Messages (2)... But rather have something like My BookMarks (4)...

Could you help, I'm using 1.1.14

Anyone know how to do this?

Kindred

cosmicxxx,
what you are asking for would require a fair amount of additional coding, since the classifieds are not even stored in the same table or format as the messages.

shuban,
conceptually, you would have to open the database table, read the number of bookmarks for that person and write is back out.
The problem that I see is that that information would then be loaded for each and every page load, since the menu is loaded and reloaded each time. This increases the database overhead.
Mind you, you could read the result into the user array.... but then that would take more additional coding.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Biology Forums

It's a great idea, and it reminds us that we actually have bookmarks.

I wish I knew how to code. :-[

Kindred

actually, I completed got rid of the bookmark menu item...    The only place my users see their bookmarks is in their profiles.
Слaва
Украинi

Biology Forums

Quote from: Kindred on August 16, 2011, 03:02:41 PM
actually, I completed got rid of the bookmark menu item...    The only place my users see their bookmarks is in their profiles.

It's not in the menu for me either.

cosmicxxx

Quote from: Kindred on August 16, 2011, 03:02:41 PM

im interested how you did it... are you willing to share how did you accomplished that?

Kindred

How I did what? Removed the bookmark item from the menu or linked it in the profile?
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: