News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Y1G - YSE - SMF

Started by Trekkie101, October 16, 2004, 01:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trekkie101

I have had a Y1G board for a while, i have managed to update it to YSE and now im trying to update it to SMF, there are no messages butt heer are members, its quite interesting so ill keep posting to let you knwo how it goes.  :D

Y1G - YSE
Went Well althoug config and template had to be dropped!  :)

YSE - SMF
Doing now

Ben_S

Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

Trekkie101

I dont know, i just downloaded one of sourceforge on YabbSE its 1.4 i think, why does it matter and who locked the topic.

Ben_S

It matters because the one on sourceforge won't work properly.

No idea who locked it, may have been clicked accidentilly, although it was me who moved it to the support boards.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

Trekkie101

The one on sourceforge worked perfectish, about three errors but nothing serious, so im sure the YSE - SMF should work fine, so im g
onna try now so here goes.

[Unknown]

Quote from: Trekkie101 on October 16, 2004, 05:57:54 PM
The one on sourceforge worked perfectish, about three errors but nothing serious, so im sure the YSE - SMF should work fine, so im g
onna try now so here goes.

It has bugs, I know, I wrote the newer one.

There, I put the darn converter on Sourceforge, happy?

-[Unknown]

Trekkie101

Ecstatic  :D

But i have to start again with it, and im going to use ALL the latest versions this time unlike the 1 script installer (Which is really cool). Are there any plans to have a script that will install SMF from 1 file like with YaBBSE because that would be pretty sweet.

The error i get is

QuoteDatabase Error: Unknown column 'lb.ID_MEMBER' in 'on clause'
File: /home/trekkie1/public_html/elmar/Sources/BoardIndex.php
Line: 82

That is when i log in. Ill try the new version.

Trekkie101

Right i have tried the new version of the YaBBSE upgrade and this time there were NO errors but i have a problem, i cant log in, i type the correct password and username and it tells me its incorrect and the admin button is there but when clicked it says im not allowed there. Can anyone help?

[Unknown]

Link to your forum?

Are you sure you purged the database before converting (or selected the relevant option to do so in the converter)?

-[Unknown]

Trekkie101

Actually i got sick fed up with it, so i just installed SMF, and moved all users, boards, censored words, etc and then just made an annoucement saying too bad that the messages are gone, there werent that may but thanks anyway.

Is there an official banner, its just that im a member of many forums and wanna advertise SMF

[Unknown]

Trekkie101

Advertisement: