Fatal error when clicking on a message link

Started by Ourmanintokyo, July 30, 2006, 09:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ourmanintokyo

Hi all,

Apologies if this is a common question, but I'm new to SMF.

I installed SMF a few days ago, but can't seem to read any messages posted on my forum. When I click on a message link, I get the following error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: create_button() in /my/path/here/forum/Sources/Load.php(1040) : eval()'d code on line 238

I'm using a slightly old version of SMF (1.0.5)

I've already started customising the site and am praying I don't have to do a reinstall!

Any thoughts? Thanks!

青山 素子

You will want to re-upload the files in Sources with a clean copy.

Also, you should try to upgrade to 1.0.7. It fixes several bugs and in general works better.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

gamesmad

Quote from: Motoko-chan on July 30, 2006, 09:43:57 PM
You will want to re-upload the files in Sources with a clean copy.

NO, do not do that if you have any mods installed as they will most likely not work if you overwrite a file in the Sources directory.

What mods have you installed on your forum??  It seems as if one of them has messed with the "create_button" function.

Will
1 on 1 SMF Help - Want 1 on 1 SMF Help? Post in Help Wanted or drop me a message!

Go Charter! - Please consider becoming a charter member to support SMF development.

Please do not PM me with general questions, posting in the appropriate board will ensure everyone benefits from the advice given.

Ourmanintokyo

Thanks for the quick replies, folks!

I haven't done too much, but I'd rather not have to do any of it again  ;) So far I have only changed the theme to the bluBlur skin, changed the banner image (which I have to redo anyway), written a welcome email and created the sections and my personal profile. I don't expect any of this would have messed up my ability to read messages.

Oh, from memory I wasn't able to read the welcome message from SMF even before I made these changes.

Incidentally, I installed SMF automatically using Fantastico and didn't really configure anything myself.

What do people suggest I do to fix the error and still keep the work I've done on it?

Marcus

Thantos

Ourmanintokyo,
  Did you by chance download any theme from here?  The function create_button() was introduced in SMF 1.1 RC2 with the addition of the Core theme as the default theme.
  However as you say you are running SMF 1.0.5 none of your themes should be using that function.
  Can you try to access your forum using something like:  http://www.yourdomain.com/forum/index.php?theme=1 and tell us if you still get that error.  By adding the ?theme=1 you are telling SMF to use the default theme.  If you are still getting errors would you please provide a link to your forum.

Thanks

Ourmanintokyo

Thanks Thantos!

You found it - worked fine with the original theme!!

Is there anyway I can maintain the new theme and fix the error? Or do I need to discard the BluBlur theme completely? Want to change the forum to look more like my other webpages. At the same time, don't want to have to install anything new if I can avoid it... would probably only create a bunch of other problems lol What do you suggest?

Marcus

Advertisement: