News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Converting question? [solved]

Started by EximTrak, July 18, 2007, 08:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EximTrak

I wanna convert my MyBB forum to SMF but i know that open_base_dir must be enabled in the server. I asked my host to enable this but they said they couldn't enable because of security. And i wanna convert my forum to SMF but i can't. how can i convert my forum without using another host?  :-[

Sorry my bad english. Thanks..

babjusi

To convert your MyBB forum to SMF, both softwares must be at the same host. After the convertion you can migrate your board to another host if you like.

Now, to convert your MyBB forum to SMF make sure to install the smf in the same database as MyBB forum, or at least you should grant the smf mysql user full permissions and access to the MyBB database. If you won''t do either of them, then you can not convert to smf. Hope this helps

EximTrak

Thanks for the reply. I did either of them but open_base_dir disabled in my host. I read that to convert forum open_base_dir must be enabled in the host. I asked my host to enable open_base_dir but they said they couldn't. If there is another way to convert without using another host?

EximTrak

Ok. I find the error. Everything is ok while converting but while converting topics i take an error.

H

MyBB version?

SMF version?

What is the exact error?
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

EximTrak

Ok. I solved the problem. Thanks for the reply ;)

babjusi

Can you share the solution here, how you fixed the problem? It can help in the future other people as well  who might run in the same problems that you did

EximTrak

No, that's not a bug or SMF problem. My database has the problem and I solved that.

Thanks..

Advertisement: