News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Anyone willing to test some things for me?

Started by [Unknown], October 17, 2004, 01:22:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

babjusi

Quote from: msginabttl on June 23, 2007, 08:17:04 PM
Quote from: [Unknown] on December 06, 2004, 04:25:53 PM
Actually, the ones attached above probably won't work properly.  Here are newer ones...

-[Unknown]
I clicked on these links and nothing happened

I just clicked on those links and the tools started to download immediately
If you want I can take a peek and see if I can restore the database for you, but I can not promise anything.

msginabttl

please do can we talk over the phone or do you need me to send you any information?

msginabttl

Is there another link or location I can go to to download this tool?

babjusi

Quote from: msginabttl on June 23, 2007, 08:55:30 PM
please do can we talk over the phone or do you need me to send you any information?

You can send me the following info with PM, but before you can trust me with any kind of sensitive info I want you to read this post very carefully

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=87130.0

Now, if you decide to trust me, pm these information:

1. Ftp adress, username and password.

2.MySQL username, MySQL password and MySQL database name

3. Upload the backup copies that you made from the admin''s panel and phpmyadmin, both of them, to the forum directory and I will take it from there. Provide a url to your site as well.

4. As I stated in my previous post, I can''t promise anything, but taking a peek.

babjusi

Quote from: msginabttl on June 23, 2007, 09:31:47 PM
Is there another link or location I can go to to download this tool?

You can download them from here, just click at the tools

msginabttl

sorry i click on the links and nothing happens.

depablo

msginabttl

babjusi

Quote from: msginabttl on June 24, 2007, 05:37:28 AM
well I am giving up for now.:((

I don''t understand why you can not download them? They work ok, where exactly did you click?
Anyway,the info you provided me it is not that info I  asked you. If you don''t know them, then I suggest that you contact your host for the exact info I asked you and when you have them ready, pm them to me, si I can take a look to restore your database

msginabttl

I clicked on the two links above and all they do is recycling the page.Nothing gets downloaded to my pc that I can see and even if it did ,it does not tell me where.

msginabttl

Somehow I manage to upload from where I don't know the wrong back up forum to my domain and it does not give me access so I can't make any changes and when I click on email me the password it does so but I don't know where it sends me the email.I got two domain and the one I lost was on my main domain and I by accident uploaded a copy of my  add on domains forum to that one and I don't know how to get rid of it when I don't have access to it.

babjusi

Quote from: msginabttl on June 24, 2007, 01:20:02 PM
Somehow I manage to upload from where I don't know the wrong back up forum to my domain and it does not give me access so I can't make any changes and when I click on email me the password it does so but I don't know where it sends me the email.I got two domain and the one I lost was on my main domain and I by accident uploaded a copy of my  add on domains forum to that one and I don't know how to get rid of it when I don't have access to it.

You pm me the mysql info. Now pm me the ftp info, upload the backup copy to the forum directory and I will take it from there.

I find it very strange that you can not download those 2 tools I attached......

babjusi

Your forum is restored successfully. Have a look and let me know what you think

hadesflames

i got this

Line #793: Invalid default value for 'ID_PICTURE'
Line #834: Invalid default value for 'ID_PICTURE'
Line #3875: Invalid default value for 'last_update'
Line #3898: Table 'b9_704571_narutosyndicate.smfsessions' doesn't exist
Line #4175: Invalid default value for 'ID_GROUP'
Line #4184: Table 'b9_704571_narutosyndicate.smfstaff' doesn't exist

Scrambled Egg

So am I correct in presuming that these utilities posted in this thread are somehow better than the ones available in the SMF admin or in the CPanel of the webhost?  Just to be sure before I even attempt to try them out.  Thanks.

cru

i succeeded in creating a backup thru the create_backup.php but when i use the restore_backup.php, i get this error:

Some of the queries were not executed properly. Technical information about the queries:
Line #634: Invalid default value for 'logTime'
Line #642: Table 'smf.smf_log_online' doesn't exist
Line #1078: Invalid default value for 'last_update'
Line #1087: Table 'smf.smf_sessions' doesn't exist

Restoration process complete!
Congratulations! Your database backup has been restored successfully.

---- what does the errors mean? how do i fix them?
im using smf1.1.3 on a xampp1.6.2 local server.

---- now when i open my webpage:
i see a  white page with the text :Table 'smf.smf_sessions' doesn't exist

im really having a hard time restoring back-up. its so easy to create one but restoring creates errors similar to the ones i experienced when i use phpmyadmin

cru

now i see this error, when i tried restoring and opening my webpage

Table 'smf.smf_log_online' doesn't exist
File: D:\xampp\htdocs\mysite\Sources\Subs.php
Line: 2543

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.3, while your database is at version 1.1.2. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

i can't find where upgrade.php is... help..

L.G.S

I cannot back up my forum, I always get an error saying I've passed the file size limit or something like that.
FREE and LIVE World Cup + Premier League football streams:

www.gamesandgoals.com

Cool999

can anyone tell me how to use the create backup file. thanks

And also can anyone tell me the approx size of a database.
(Info-  11411 Posts in 7431 Topics by 4853 Members)

I want to know, becoz my webhost sucks, and it doest download full file, it sumtimes download 5 mb and sumtimes 22 MB and Sumtimes....................................................

L.G.S

Quote from: Cool999 on July 20, 2007, 09:32:57 AM
can anyone tell me how to use the create backup file. thanks

And also can anyone tell me the approx size of a database.
(Info-  11411 Posts in 7431 Topics by 4853 Members)

I want to know, becoz my webhost sucks, and it doest download full file, it sumtimes download 5 mb and sumtimes 22 MB and Sumtimes....................................................

My forum has 125,000 posts in 50,000 topics and this backup script doesn't allow for it to be finished.
FREE and LIVE World Cup + Premier League football streams:

www.gamesandgoals.com

Advertisement: