how to install language package?

Started by ivytony, January 22, 2005, 04:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivytony

Hi, I want to make a Chinese version of SMF. and I have downloaded the language package. Can you pls teach me how to make english to chinese?

thanks

[Unknown]

Upload the files in the package to the same folder as SMF.

-[Unknown]

ivytony

then, what to do next?

by package, you mean the unzipped folder of the compressed one?

put it in the folder where SMF is, you mean put it where the SMF index is?

thanks, it's just a little bit confusing. :-*

[Unknown]

Quote from: ivytony on January 22, 2005, 05:17:30 PM
then, what to do next?

by package, you mean the unzipped folder of the compressed one?

put it in the folder where SMF is, you mean put it where the SMF index is?

thanks, it's just a little bit confusing. :-*

I meant, unzip the archive you download.  You should have a "Themes" directory from what you unzipped.  Upload that to the same place as index.php for the forum - you'll notice it has a "Themes" directory as well.

-[Unknown]

ivytony

yes, there is a themes folder in the SMF, so, I need to upload the unzipped folder (from the downloaded archive) to SMF, which might overwrite some files in the original "Themes" folder (maybe not, because with different file name?)

I did as what I said above, so what shall i do to change the language???

thank you for your answer. ???

ivytony

done, ignore the stupid question. thanks

benwalsh

Dosen't sound so stupid to me

i had downloaded/upload ran install.php all within ten minutes or so and was just starting to like this board

then came to install the Spanish language pack
again download/upload but then nothing no read me file no obvious install.php (though I have tried Install.Spanish.php)

So I must say please point me along the way
also if any one wishes to save me a search what is the best ubb classic converter

THNX Ben

[Unknown]

Quote from: benwalsh on March 20, 2005, 12:59:12 AM
then came to install the Spanish language pack
again download/upload but then nothing no read me file no obvious install.php (though I have tried Install.Spanish.php)

You don't have to install it.  Once uploaded, it is available and as installed as it needs to be.  Simply select the language in your Server Settings to make it the default.

Furthermore, had you uploaded it before installation, you would have been able to use the installer in Spanish as well.

Quotealso if any one wishes to save me a search what is the best ubb classic converter

I'm afraid that, as far as I know, there is currently no UBB.classic converter.  I think it was requested once, but I'm not sure.

-[Unknown]

[Unknown]

Quote from: [Unknown] on March 20, 2005, 01:49:01 AM
I'm afraid that, as far as I know, there is currently no UBB.classic converter.  I think it was requested once, but I'm not sure.

-[Unknown]

I take that back, there is a topic about one:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=10379.0

-[Unknown]

benwalsh

I to am looking for the file help/index.spanish, for hxxp:spanish.zip [nonactive], or is it there, in the wrong path, I see something called Help.spanish.php?

I had no luck with the link  on http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=13775.msg234557#msg234557 to
hxxp:foro.cmh-ip.net/Themes/default/help/index.spanish.html [nonactive]

Please advise
Ben

[Unknown]

I'm afraid that some of the languages, including Spanish, do not include translated help files yet.

-[Unknown]

benwalsh

I got the spanish help files ok
but are there any changes here in the new upgrade

[Unknown]

No language file related changes were made, unless I'm forgetting something.

-[Unknown]

gayathri

You don't have to install it.  Once uploaded, it is available and as installed as it needs to be.  Simply select the language in your Server Settings to make it the default.

After installing the package in English, now i want to convert it to Finnsh..
I downloaded the Themes folder in the same location as index.php.

Somebody has mentioned to change the server setting before. How do i do that ?

Please do let me know, i am very new to this software.

Thanks
Gayathri

[Unknown]

If you have uploaded the files in the smf_1-0-3_finnish archive, you just have to go to Admin -> Server Settings and change the language.

-[Unknown]

mario-braha

on the Server Settings there is only one language and thats english.

Daniel D.

Did you extract the files in the same folders then the english ones? Which language did you install?

Advertisement: