need help making banners rotate...

Started by cru, July 25, 2007, 05:06:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cru

hi, im here to ask help making banners rotate above my smf forum and just below the menu tabs in the default template of smf1.1.3

I have installed the ad management mod. but don't know what's the next step.

1. for example 15 members pay me to display their banners (120X60 pixel) each banner, same size,  then i have to rotate them, for example i save all their banners in mysite\Themes\default\images

i know this is quite simple for a lot of people here.. TIA  :P More power to SMF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KGIII

Put 'em all in the same spot. The banner will rotate automatically that way or, at least, should. So if you have two banners in the top of a forum they will rotate.

My PC Support Forum
Please ask in-thread before PMing
                   SMF Help
                   Visit My Blog

How can we improve the support process?:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=163533.0

SMF vs. Godzilla? Who do you think will win?

FaNtEcH

and could someone tell me how to this without using the ad management mod. For some reasons, i don't like ad management mod on my boardindex and index.template files.
So, please could you tell me the code so that 2 or 3 adsense Publisher ids could be used to display ads in rotation?

bjraines

i am not sure (haven't looked) if SMF logs hits on boards, however if you have access to number of hits in database you can use  modolus to share a percentage between two publisher id's

if you use more than one id then your easiest path is to use random to show the pub ids at random but that doesn't insure they will be displayed easily. you can google rotating banners and find some easy code.

to have them rotate in order you could write to a file saved on the server to keep up with what banner you are on.

i would just look at the ad management script to see what code is used to keep track of which one is being displayed

Advertisement: