News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Problems with SMF to vBulletin

Started by Inu^^, July 25, 2007, 07:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inu^^

I have SMF. And I have been trying to convert SMF to vBulletin but I always get the same message.

Unable to find the settings for vBulletin 3.6. Please double check the path and try again.

But when I uploaded the conversion it already had the directory path in there...

Path to SMF: /home/www/anime-library.org/forums
Path to vBulletin 3.6: /home/www/anime-library.org/forums

I mean I know they say that you should have the convert.php in the same directory as the smf.sql and so I did. My convert.php is in the /forums and so is my smf.sql

Should I change where they are or something? Or is there another solution?

Please answer ASAP.

Thanks a lot.

babjusi

You should ask this question over at the VB community. Here we provide support for the opposite thing of what you are doing  ;)

Inu^^

Quote from: babjusi on July 25, 2007, 07:25:55 PM
You should ask this question over at the VB community. Here we provide support for the opposite thing of what you are doing  ;)

I'm confuse then.
I mean I have SMF installed. So I can't convert that to IPB or vBulletin?

babjusi

You sure can. You can convert smf to whatever forum software takes your fancy. But what I meant above, is that here, we provide support only to people who want to convert to smf from other forum software and not the other way around. You know what I mean

Inu^^

Quote from: babjusi on July 25, 2007, 07:41:36 PM
You sure can. You can convert smf to whatever forum software takes your fancy. But what I meant above, is that here, we provide support only to people who want to convert to smf from other forum software and not the other way around. You know what I mean

Ooooh. Okay. So will vBulletin be able to help me there?
I mean I'm not a customer or anything.

babjusi

I don''t know about that. There is only one way to find out  ;)

karlbenson

classic post! babjusi

Good luck with your vbulletin community.

If there any specific reasons why you are wishing to leave, I'm sure that the SMF Team would be interested in hearing them.

redone

Quote from: Inu^^ on July 25, 2007, 07:48:48 PM

I take it your using a purchased and therefore licensed copy?

Inu^^

Quote from: redone on July 25, 2007, 08:10:10 PM
Quote from: Inu^^ on July 25, 2007, 07:48:48 PM

No I thought SMF would convert it with the converter I'm afraid not though *Sobs* so I'm still with SMF.

I take it your using a purchased and therefore licensed copy?

karlbenson

It would be the equivalent of Microsoft telling MS customers how to convert officeDocs to OpenDocFormat of Openoffice.org.

Advertisement: