News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Public Banlist

Started by DJ Biscuit, July 27, 2007, 04:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ Biscuit

A mod that makes it so that all members can see who is banned and why.

The ban list will have(In order):

Person Banned
Link to Post Banned for
Admin/mod who banned them
Reason
Ban lift date

TheWrath!

DJ Biscuit

TheWrath!

what code did u use for that

karlbenson

Looks like a vbulletin mod/feature.

TheWrath!

it is.  powered by vbulliten

karlbenson

I should be shot for stating the 'bloody obvious' ;) ;) ;)

TheWrath!

you must be able to code a new php page with that coding in it.

DJ Biscuit

i didnt code that mod. I was just looking if someone could make a duplicate of it for smf, and possibly this mod too

This is what it looks like. You click the white face, and the box appears. The white face is at the top right of posts. You type the ban reason in the text box, then you click one of the options. 2m is 2 minutes, 30m minutes, 1h is 1 hour, etc. The feedback part is to show things like "Closed Thread" or "Banned user for XXXX reason." It shows that you're the one who did it and why.

then it will add this to the post

(User was banned for this post. (In post: <topic name> (Reason "<reason mod/admin chooses>" by <mod/admin)))

TheWrath!

no i am saying you can probably code a page to look like that

DJ Biscuit

Well I cant. Thats why I am requesting it here.

TheWrath!

right. I am going to talk to my friend who is good with php and sql.  If he gets on here before I take a nap we will see what we can do.

Eliana Tamerin

As for the quick admin stuff, that could probably be a mod for 2.0, when there are more moderation features as a default. Although, it's not hard to go to someone's profile and ban them from there, it's just a click away.
Do NOT PM me for support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 is OUT!
SimplePortal Project Manager
Download | Docs
SimplePortal: Power of Simplicity!

TheWrath!

true.  The public ban list you can code a php page for. I am waiting for my friend Alex to get online and I will talk to him with it.

DJ Biscuit

Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on July 31, 2007, 04:21:20 PM
As for the quick admin stuff, that could probably be a mod for 2.0, when there are more moderation features as a default. Although, it's not hard to go to someone's profile and ban them from there, it's just a click away.

true but it wont add the
(User was banned for this post. (In post: <topic name> (Reason "<reason mod/admin chooses>" by <mod/admin)))
to the bottom of the post the person got banned for

Smith6612

Oh, that's just like how Garry's Mod forums (Facepunch Studios's forums) works. It has a public ban list seen here...

http://forums.facepunchstudios.com/showbans.php?

My friend, well two friends of mine would love it so much if there was an SMF mod for this. Someone should really go after making this...

DJ Biscuit

Quote from: Smith6612 on July 31, 2007, 06:21:34 PM
Oh, that's just like how Garry's Mod forums (Facepunch Studios's forums) works. It has a public ban list seen here...

http://forums.facepunchstudios.com/showbans.php?

My friend, well two friends of mine would love it so much if there was an SMF mod for this. Someone should really go after making this...

Hey a fellow facepuncher. and yes. I asked Garry if i could have that mod on gtalk but he didn't reply :S I was hoping to get the code and paste it here and hope someone could port it for SMF

Eliana Tamerin

Quote from: DJ Biscuit on July 31, 2007, 06:18:30 PM
Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on July 31, 2007, 04:21:20 PM

true but it wont add the
to the bottom of the post the person got banned for

Put it in their signature.
Do NOT PM me for support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 is OUT!
SimplePortal Project Manager
Download | Docs
SimplePortal: Power of Simplicity!

DJ Biscuit

well then that would add it to all their posts....

Smith6612

I don't go to Facepunch :P Two of my friends go there, but I do know what goes on in ther e :P

But Garry handcoded that mod himself, so I guess unless you offer to pay him for it or if he's feeling like he was when he unbanned everyone a few months ago (the banned people got rebanned by autoban or by the mods in a few hours after that :P), most likely he won't give you his mod.

Advertisement: