News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Public Banlist

Started by DJ Biscuit, July 27, 2007, 04:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheWrath!

Quote from: DJ Biscuit on July 31, 2007, 06:18:30 PM
Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on July 31, 2007, 04:21:20 PM
As for the quick admin stuff, that could probably be a mod for 2.0, when there are more moderation features as a default. Although, it's not hard to go to someone's profile and ban them from there, it's just a click away.

true but it wont add the
(User was banned for this post. (In post: <topic name> (Reason "<reason mod/admin chooses>" by <mod/admin)))
to the bottom of the post the person got banned for

it will say why they got banned that you specified when you went in the admin area to ban him.

DJ Biscuit

TheWrath!

dj once i got this file coded with my friend alex it can be public

DJ Biscuit

Which mod, the quickadmin mod, public banlist or both?

TheWrath!

GC

This can't be hard. I'll make it if anybody else doesn't want to. ******, this is VERY easy lol

TheWrath!

GC if you could try.  I have the stuff but I do not know php coding. my friend alex has had to take off for a couple of days due to a death in the family.

GC

ouch.

What I'm going to do is copy everything from the Template_main function in managebans.template.php and make a new one called publicbans.template.php and paste it in, make a source file and add it to the index.php :P lol not hard. Of course I'm going to remove the delete and modify links there.

TheWrath!

alright post me what exactly to do when u get it running.

DJ Biscuit

GC, if possible can you also add the quickadmin too?

GC

quick admin? lol i guess this is more of a mod then quick tip now.

GC

Okay, I finished this. I'm not submitting my mod because it'll take forever to get out, so here you go.

Open /index.php
Find:
'ban' => array('ManageBans.php', 'Ban'),

Add After:
'publicbans' => array('PublicBans.php', 'PublicBans'),

-----------

Open /Themes/default/languages/index.english.php
Find:
$txt['ban_reason'] = 'Reason';

Add After:
$txt['ban_name'] = 'Ban name';
$txt['ban_expires'] = 'Expires';
$txt['ban_added'] = 'Added';

-----------

Download these files:
http://www.glitcherscorner.com/files/public%20bans.zip

Extract PublicBans.php to /Sources/
Extract PublicBans.template.php to /Themes/default/

Any questions?

Here's a button for it on the default theme:
Open index.template.php
Find:
'mlist', 'register',
Add After:
'publicbans',

Find:
// the [member] list button
if ($context['allow_memberlist'])
echo ($current_action == 'mlist' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , '
<td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'mlist' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=mlist">' , $txt[331] , '</a>
</td>' , $current_action == 'mlist' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '';

Add After:
// the [Public Bans] list button
echo ($current_action == 'publicbans' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , '
<td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'publicbans' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=publicbans">Public Bans</a>
</td>' , $current_action == 'mlist' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '';

TheWrath!

DJ Biscuit

elfishtroll

PUBLIC BANLISTS are the HALLMARK of a LAMEASS SITE or a STUPID SITE WITH STUPID ADMINS (or both!)

LMAO@this thread :P

GC

how so? It doesn't share IP, hostnames, or how they were banned, just a reason and when. If you think its a retarded mod, then maybe you should come up with a good reason to explain how members were banned on a 20, 000 member site without making hundreds of threads.

I bet you don't even ban hackers or spammer, or even experienced one on your site... keep your unwanted comments away from people who don't have time to waste time.

elfishtroll

Quote from: GC on August 07, 2007, 02:09:42 PM
how so? It doesn't share IP, hostnames, or how they were banned, just a reason and when. If you think its a retarded mod, then maybe you should come up with a good reason to explain how members were banned on a 20, 000 member site without making hundreds of threads.

I bet you don't even ban hackers or spammer, or even experienced one on your site... keep your unwanted comments away from people who don't have time to waste time.

??

maybe I SHOULDNT :D who the hell cares?

when they the are banned, they f**king CEASE to exist, PERIOD.

I wrote code that AUTOMATICALLY IP bans idiots if they
1. Come to my site via a proxy. ( i leave some proxies open to the site for testing, but thats it)

2. Initiate a hacking attempt or attempt to upload anything with a payload

3. Attempt to FLOOD or drain the site ( drain=excessive downloads of large files to use bandwidth, flood=excessive requests to overload MySQL/apache)

I've helped tons of people recover and secure their sites, but setting up a "banned" list is for idiots.

I RARELY ban, but if I do, they are just gone forever, thats it, no tribute, NO "vietnam Memorial" with their names, nothing

Smith6612

I've never needed to ban, so this mod would be pointless to use for me. Also, my friend who used to be an admin at my forum abused his banning power too much on the forum by banning Google and a few other members. He left the forums too much anyways after not liking it, so he's not admin anymore anyways.

DJ Biscuit

Quote from: GC on August 07, 2007, 02:09:42 PM

I totally agree with GC.
Not to sound mean or anything but I don't care if  you rarely ban or why you ban. I just wanted this mod because I am going to run my forum the way I see another forum run.

Quote from: Smith6612 on August 07, 2007, 04:19:10 PM
I've never needed to ban, so this mod would be pointless to use for me. Also, my friend who used to be an admin at my forum abused his banning power too much on the forum by banning Google and a few other members. He left the forums too much anyways after not liking it, so he's not admin anymore anyways.
Well I get alot of spammers and people flaming, and I use temporary bans to put a stop to this.

Smith6612

I don't get any spam at all... well, I've only gotten one spam post with no other posts from the member who has yet to return or else they will go boom :P.

Advertisement: