News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Sorted Package Manager Listing

Started by vbgamer45, July 28, 2007, 03:53:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

live627

Okay I have updated this mod to be compatible with SMF 2.0 RC3

live627

1.0.2 is compatible with SMF 2.0 RC5

dougiefresh

Thank you for the wonderful mod!  I thought I'd let everybody know that when I updated my forum from 2.0 RC5 to 2.0 Gold, I had to reinstall all my mods.  Version 1.0.2 of this mod installed without issues and without emulation.  Hope this info helps someone!

live627

Eclipse16V

Run on SMF 2.0.2
Is there a feature option to sort the at install date?
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

Dylert

ke4obt

I tried to install this mod on a brand-new, clean version of SMF 2.0.3. In the package manager, I don't get the "install" button. On upload it told me that either the file was corrupt or for the wrong version. I did the manual edits and could no longer access my package manager, so I had to reinstall SMF to make sure it was back to a clean version.
I see that this mod was just recently updated, is there a possibility something was missed??
What do I need to do to install this????

thanks in advance,
Flip
Thanks Much

Flip - KE4OBT
     The Blind Ham
Helping other blind hams
get on the air!

Yes I am really a BLIND user!

So, if a mod doesn't install properly, and I can't get help from your part of the forum,
I will come begging for YOUR help since you wrote it and know how it works
um, uh, well,
At least I would really, really hope you do!
HEE-HEE-HEE

live627

MoreBloodWine

Sorry to bother you guys, I was wondering if you might consider adding in the functionality of this mod ?

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2323

Some times I need to uninstall mods and I run in to errors due to them not being uninstalled in the order in which they were installed.

Installed.

Uninstalled.

Anyway, If you could add a Installed category that shows the time they were installed that would be awesome. Only small issue I could maybe see is if the installed list is split up by the currently installed and uninstalable list due to a revision issue.

ex. A mod coded for 2.0.4 cant be uninstalled in 2.0.5 so it's in the uninstallable list but wa say the 5 mod of 20 installed.

Edit: Was thinkin bout this, but maybe add a tickable option that lets a user "combine" the installed/uninstallable list so the ordering thig doesnt become an issue should the requested functionality be added.
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

Arantor

That can't be done without a much larger rewrite of the package manager. Like rewriting most of the browse packages page.

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: Arantor on August 23, 2013, 07:18:06 AM
That can't be done without a much larger rewrite of the package manager. Like rewriting most of the browse packages page.
Damn, well for the fun of it so I can say I asked, what would you say a fair for both sides price might be to make it a paid thing ?
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

Arantor

Me? I'd charge $200. The rewrite required to do that is enormous.

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: Arantor on August 23, 2013, 09:25:52 PM
Me? I'd charge $200. The rewrite required to do that is enormous.
Whoda thunk it, and just to add to this mod what the other does heh. Guess I got some saving to do lol.

Arantor

If it's so simple, just use the other mod and be done with it.

Oh, and I don't know if it occurred to you or not, but you can always just sort by installed time and mentally ignore the ones that say 'N/A' on them...

(Also, please note, it's not $200 worth of work. It's probably closer to $40 worth of work but that's a measure of how much I don't like going back over my old mods and rewriting them. Keeping a foot rooted in the past means you get ever more reluctant to go forward into the future and create a situation where you don't need this ridiculous farce of a setup in the first place.)

NekoJonez

Retro video game blogger, writer, actor, podcaster and general amazing dude.

Twitter
My Blog

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

NekoJonez

Darn, since I would love to see that install time ;)
Retro video game blogger, writer, actor, podcaster and general amazing dude.

Twitter
My Blog

Steve

A combination of the two would be cool. I wonder if Arantor would mind if you added the install time to this mod (if you'd even consider it)?
DO NOT pm me for support!

live627

I've updated this mod so now it shows the installed time. And all columns can be sorted. Also will be compatible with 2.1 RC2 once it rolls out, or the current GitHub nightly build.

https://github.com/live627/PackageManagerSort/releases/download/v1.1/PackageManagerSort_1-1.zip

I've asked vbgamer if I can have this mod back.

Advertisement: