Login problem after upgrading Joomla to 1.0.13

Started by Ronny, July 21, 2007, 03:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronny

Afther upgrading to 1.0.13 the smf loginmodule doesn't login to Joomla! I think the recent changes in the includes/joomla.php file is causing this failure! Does someone also have this issue?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Ronny

Sorry, bridgeversion 1.1.7 Joomlaversion 1.0.13 but I've replaced from 1.0.12 joomla.php and the joomla loginmodule back to get bridge login working again!

Orstio

Joomla 1.0.13 introduced salted password hashes, so bridge 1.1.7 won't authenticate logins properly with that.

zwaldowski

We're in a bit of a pickle now, aren't we?  Sure, a fix could be made, but we couldn't distribute it to any of the people who already have the bridge.  That sucks.

Are we gonna do this phpBB mod style?  :-P

------------------------
Help me win an iPod, or maybe a Wii!

ptvideo

Any chance that a future version of the bridge will work with Joomla 1.0.13?

theslam2006

^^Why wouldnt it? Any future versions would most certainly support the next version of Joomla.

Though I hope they get this stupid GNU/GPL problem resolved soon, I would like to get an update so my site stays secure...

elfishtroll

Quote from: theslam2006 on July 24, 2007, 06:28:53 PM
^^Why wouldnt it? Any future versions would most certainly support the next version of Joomla.

Though I hope they get this stupid GNU/GPL problem resolved soon, I would like to get an update so my site stays secure...

This GNU/GPL "problem" is less stupid than malicious, less legal than deceitful.

Much of the talk on the Joomla forums is that 'nothing is changed Joomla is GPL and has always been GPL'

However, the real issue is that the definition of GPL and its boundaries has been shifted, like a game of Basketball where we change the size of the court, the height of the basket and the rules of the game - yet continue to assert that "we are just playing BASKETBALL!!"

whats worse, there is NO apparent limit on the extent of FUTURE changes to the "rules".
*That* is what makes it untenable for Third Party developers ( commercial developers).

You see, any business man can deal with a hostile operating environment. Even when subjected to the abuses of the Loan Shark on one side, and the extortionist thug on the other, the business man knows the rules (though brutal) are pretty constant. Pay Up: or get a broken arm/leg.

The cost/payment is pretty much fixed also.

However, by deliberately

a.) Obfuscating what means 'compliance' with their 'new definition of GPL'

or

b) When pressed for any answer reply with the absurd "ANYTHING that even LOOKS at a GPL program becomes GPL :D

The Joomla team has contrived to (and  managed to apparently) create and maintain a system that can only be described as   Fear, Uncertainty, Concern, little Knowledge, Egotistically Domineering  and  a major UPSET to make it impossible for all but true GPL Zealots to interact and interface with their "baby".

You see, the team et al "OWN Joomla" it is "theirs".

Joomla was in danger of being "OVERTAKEN BY EVIL DARK OUTSIDE FORCES"
one was the evil commercial Developers who would DARE TO MAKE A BUCK OFF OF A PROJECT GIVEN AWAY FOR FREE

the other was the "infidel" or "unbelievers" who did not believe or adhere to the true path, the one way (and interpretation of) Open Source]

This detestable extremism is not without precedent:

In the late 90's and the early part of this century, the TALIBAN took their extreme interpretation of the LAWS OF ISLAM ( SHARIA LAW) to its well known  conclusion, stoning the unfaithfull, cutting off the hands of the unworthy, and of course, cutting off noses to spite faces!

No, in short this "stupid GNU/GPL problem resolved soon" is not gonna happen. There is never resolution in cases like these, religious fanaticism is only quenched by martyrdom and Jihad - not logic or reason.

They will do what they will do, and we, hopefully (and wisely) will do something else!

Kindred

Please read:
SMF bridge for Joomla discontinued
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The official announcement can be read here:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=184558.msg1174172#msg1174172

Please also take the time to read the email exchange with the FSF in the blog post here:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=184557 

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Orstio

The problem will be upon user login, not on registration.  The user will be logged into SMF, but not into Joomla.

elfishtroll

Quote from: Orstio on July 29, 2007, 11:44:37 AM
The problem will be upon user login, not on registration.  The user will be logged into SMF, but not into Joomla.

If you replace the file includes\joomla.php in the Joomla. 1.13 release with the same file from the previous release, you can avoid that problem.

people who have logged in will have their passwords screwed up, so you can have those users use the REMIND ME feature to reset their password

Advertisement: