News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Help, My Host Messed Up My Site

Started by avidum, July 29, 2007, 01:35:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadow82x

It has nothing to do with the theme. ALL THEMES you will have to manual install mods UNLESS if its the SMF core theme.
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

Christian A. Herrnboeck

Quote from: shadow82x on July 29, 2007, 09:23:49 PM
It has nothing to do with the theme. ALL THEMES you will have to manual install mods UNLESS if its the SMF core theme.

PLEASE read the OP's questions, and PLEASE ONLY answer things you know! If the theme isn't compatible with SMF 1.1.3, there is no point in using it, or spending a lot of time modifying it, now is there?

avidum: Yes, it's best to find a theme that's 1.1.3 compatible. It's pretty much a taste thing, but HarzeM's DilberMC are some of the best themes for SMF (IMHO).

Regards,
Christian

Farmers:Producing food for the world!

shadow82x

I hate to disagree or start anything but most themes in 1.1 are the same thing. The files are what changed in the 1.1 upgrades not the theme files. :)
Colin B

avidum

Quote from: ChristianH. on July 29, 2007, 09:33:54 PM
Quote from: shadow82x on July 29, 2007, 09:23:49 PM

PLEASE read the OP's questions, and PLEASE ONLY answer things you know! If the theme isn't compatible with SMF 1.1.3, there is no point in using it, or spending a lot of time modifying it, now is there?

avidum: Yes, it's best to find a theme that's 1.1.3 compatible. It's pretty much a taste thing, but HarzeM's DilberMC are some of the best themes for SMF (IMHO).

Regards,
Christian

Thanks Christian for your help. I will check that one out.

redone

Older themes will work, sometimes you will see log entries in your forum error log because they are not up to date and can produce such entries.

Always be aware that upgrading your board etc will remove any custom modifications that have been made.

The best thing is to start from scratch with your forum and take a good backup. There are many very nice 1.1.3 themes around anyways.

I encourage everyone to read the online manual before attempting to upgrade or install SMF.

Online Manual

avidum

Well I did what you said and started from scratch. I tried adding a mod and just like before it said it installed successfully but it still does not show up.

shadow82x

Quote from: avidum on July 30, 2007, 05:40:18 PM
Well I did what you said and started from scratch. I tried adding a mod and just like before it said it installed successfully but it still does not show up.
Did you manual install it?
Colin B

babjusi

What is the default language of your forum?

avidum

Quote from: shadow82x on July 30, 2007, 05:41:12 PM
Did you manual install it?

Yes I did.

avidum

Quote from: babjusi on July 30, 2007, 05:42:17 PM

It is english.

babjusi

Quote from: avidum on July 30, 2007, 05:46:13 PM
Quote from: babjusi on July 30, 2007, 05:42:17 PM

It is english.

English or english-utf8?
P.s. What mod was it that you installed and it didn''t show up?

avidum

shadow82x

Quote from: avidum on July 30, 2007, 05:59:19 PM
You got me. I have no clue.
You can check... Admin >> Server Settings >>  Default Forum Language >> :)
Colin B

babjusi

And if your default language is english-utf8, change it to plain english and see if that would help

avidum

It says english.

I tried to install the ad management mod that I had before the update of 1.1.3 and it worked fine. Since the upgrade, it won't show up. It was not just that mod but all the mods that I had before.

Christian A. Herrnboeck

You are using the default theme, right? When you applied the MOD, did it say succesfull? Did you have any failures? Does your forum error log show anything?

Regards,
Christian

avidum

Quote from: ChristianH. on July 30, 2007, 07:15:46 PM
You are using the default theme, right? When you applied the MOD, did it say succesfull? Did you have any failures? Does your forum error log show anything?

Regards,
Christian

Yes, what I did was reinstalled smf using the default theme, then tried to install the ad management mod. It said it installed successfully. No failures at all. But I just looked in my forum error log and yikes, it has lots and lots of errors. Why is that?

avidum

It seems that every post now shows up in the error logs. Can someone explain why that is happening?

Christian A. Herrnboeck

But what is the error? I can't help you, if I don't know what's wrong ;) There can be hundreds of different things going on here... Please post the error log :)

Best Regards,
Christian A. Herrnboeck

avidum

I can't unfortunately, the site is not up. I did a fresh install and my host tried to restore the backups and it failed. Now I am not sure what to do.

Advertisement: