News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Help, My Host Messed Up My Site

Started by avidum, July 29, 2007, 01:35:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

avidum

I have the backup on my local machine and I need to know how to split the file up into smaller ones, so I can import it using phpmyadmin. Right now its about 145mb compressed and 450mb uncompressed. Does anyone know of a program that will do this?

Herman's Mixen

Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

avidum

Quote from: The Burglar! on August 02, 2007, 07:29:31 PM
you can maybe use this applic http://www.ozerov.de/bigdump.php

Thanks, not sure what they mean by: "Some text editor like Notepad to edit the configuration file." What is the configuration file?

Herman's Mixen

bigdump.php itselfs but proberly don';t need to only file in your db details  ;D
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

Christian A. Herrnboeck

bigdump.php is a php script that slices one large file into many smaller ones for import into MySQL. You need to edit its config so it points to your forum's database via a text editor, and then upload it to your host. Then, you need to upload the database backup to your host too (via FTP), so that it can be split & inserted.

My question is, why doesn't your host just use mysql at the shell. It's much faster and less error prone. If that failed, so will restoring via PMA (or any other method).

Regards,
Christian

Farmers:Producing food for the world!

avidum

Quote from: ChristianH. on August 03, 2007, 09:19:43 AM
bigdump.php is a php script that slices one large file into many smaller ones for import into MySQL. You need to edit its config so it points to your forum's database via a text editor, and then upload it to your host. Then, you need to upload the database backup to your host too (via FTP), so that it can be split & inserted.

My question is, why doesn't your host just use mysql at the shell. It's much faster and less error prone. If that failed, so will restoring via PMA (or any other method).

Regards,
Christian

Hi, the file is too big and it says that the maximum it will import is 51,200KiB.
I am not sure but I think Bigdump is in beta and I heard that it might only partially restore my database.

tumbleweed

As Christian staated just have your provider import the database via shell.

I am pretty sure it can import that size of file if it resides on the parent server.

Just contact your provider he should be able to help with that.

tumble
G.C. SOLUTIONS - Hosting Quality Sites Since 2006. Experience Your Forums On A Whole New Level
Elastic Sites Stress Fast CPU/Ram Upgrades- More Info Here.
Reviews By SMF Forum Owners - Read Our Rev

avidum

I contacted my host and he said he will get it done soon. Will update later. Thank you!

avidum

I had someone else do it for me and now my site is backup and running! I am so happy. Thank you to all who have helped me out here.  :)

Advertisement: