News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Scribbles2

Started by Bloc, July 29, 2007, 04:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RG12345

Hi, first and foremost.. I really like this theme.  I was in love with 'Revisited' but that isn't working.  People keep having a lot of flashing going on so I switched to this one and love it.

How can I get the Scribbles 2 off and my own Forum Name in there? 

Thanks for your hard work!

SunRipper

A very nice theme.  Grat job.
However, I did not select it for just one reason.  It doesn't display the board name at the top like some other themes.  In that normal location, it reads "Scribble2" and I could not easily figure out how to put the board name there instead.  Maybe I'm just not good at these kinds of changes.

bloc

I will see if I can provide a "blank" background, so you can add your own text/graphic there.

memyselfandI

Any plans to update this theme to 1.1.5?

bloc

It works fine with 1.1.5...in fact all 1.1.x versions. :)

ncentity

First, I love this theme. I have never worked with PHP before and I found it very simple to customize from all the comments in the source pages. Thank you for that.

I do have a few questions that have been baffling me.

On my forum, the "Last post" will not update and stays blank. I have searched my settings and mods and I am not sure what is the issue? Any known problems that cause this?
- figured out it was a setting under "Current Theme"

Also, if there is any way to get the "Thank -o- Matic" mod to work with Scribbles 2? Do I need to install manually? I am still a newbie at PHP, but can manage if that's all it is.  - uploaded a newer version fixed this

All that's left = the "Admin" button shows when I am logged as a regular user. Is there anyway to change that?

Again, thank you for this theme and I hope you might have some thoughts regarding my questions.

- Amy Lynn

bloc

Does the admin link lead to anything you have access to? It should not show otherwise.

rockarythm

Thank you so mouch
It is a perfect theme

Tripp

I have a question about this theme.  Everything is working great so far, but for some reason, the avatar that shows up in the profile box at the top of the page does not valign itself properly and thus the search box will get pushed down into the body of the board.  It's not a huge deal but I am unable to show users viewing the current board because the box hovers right over it.  For now I've turned it off in the theme settings but I'd really like to have that back on.

Any help?

bloc

Try adding this in style.css:

#main #uppersection
{
   overflow: hidden;
}

Tripp

It made a slight change, but not enough to get the search box back up to the top where it belonged.  I could live with moving the avatar over to the left instead of the far right if that would help.

Tripp

Oh wait!  It now has fixed it.  I guess my theme hadn't refreshed enough for me to notice.  Thank you!

bloc

Advertisement: