News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Feeding the community with help

Started by Joshua Dickerson, July 30, 2007, 11:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joshua Dickerson

It has been said many times by many people that searching can be hard at times. It is understandable and it is a beast which creates billion dollar companies (see Microsoft, Yahoo!, Google, etc).

I was just doing a brainstorm about how we can make things better. I was looking at the SMF Coding Discussion board. I noticed that many people ask questions and a lot of those questions are answered by a talented bunch of helpers. The topics often go on for 3, 4, 10 pages while people work out the solution. Then an equal number of pages of more people asking questions regarding it.

So, I propose something to you - the community. After you ask a question, you edit your original post with the answer or a link to the answer. As well, you mark the topic as solved by changing the icon to the check mark.

When you have a tip or a trick for coding, edit your original post with a link to the exact post where the problem was solved. Or, if there are several posts or if the answer is broken up, quote those posts in the original.
Come work with me at Promenade Group

Need help? See the wiki. Want to help SMF? See the wiki!

Did you know you can help develop SMF? See us on Github.

How have you bettered the world today?

karlbenson

Xarcell

This would be a good habit for everyone to get into.

;)

Advertisement: