News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

package manager RC2

Started by ryanbsoftware, October 21, 2004, 12:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryanbsoftware

ok i upgraded to RC2 and clicked the link in the package manager for the update and that gave me a white screen now going to the package manager gives me a white screen.

ryanbsoftware

please i want to connect to Grudge's package server already to get a mod. ;)

1948Pal

I get "safe mode restrictions" errors. And I've been following this thread, my host just switched to safe mode and now I am facing the same exact error as in the post above.
It seems mods won't be installed this way. When yabbse stopped and smf started, I had to move to a different host because of pspell, now it seems the safe mode is next. So apparently we have to switch hosts often to keep up with "some" SMF updates.
Still, I must say, I LOVE this software.
"No matter how long the river, the river will reach the sea".
Eugene Fitch Ware

[Unknown]

That wasn't a major update, it was just a test...

I'm sorry if you were unable to download it, but you shouldn't be getting a blank screen.  Does your server keep any error log of PHP errors?  Perhaps your host does not have zlib... which is required for the package manager to work?

-[Unknown]

ryanbsoftware

dunno but i probably am switching soon anyway and i would expect since they charge for hosting they shouldn't worry about enabling safe mode and have zlib on. ;)

Advertisement: