News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

announcement board options missing?

Started by enaille, October 21, 2004, 08:09:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enaille

Ok, I've upgraded to SMF 1.0 RC2 and I'm trying to make an announcement board.  Yet I can not find that option in managing boards anywhere.  I know it was there in the past, just now I don't see it.  On top of that I'm having trouble verifying that the old announcement boards are working properly.  Can anyone help my figure out where this option is in SMF 1.0 RC2 now?

enaille

A.M.A

Really sorry .. real life is demanding my full attention .. will be back soon hopefully :)

enaille

Is there a way to make topic be checked by default?  Or do you have to check it everytime?

enaille

Actually, I don't see it in the "Additional Options..." on my board.... www.buckeyetailgate.com/forum [nofollow]

I don't see it on another board though that I have not modified...  Thoughts?

A.M.A

Have you disabled the 'Announce topic' permission!
also check wither 'Post.template.php' is RC2 or not.
Really sorry .. real life is demanding my full attention .. will be back soon hopefully :)

Racenut

I have wondered about this as well. It does give you the option wheather or not to show the announcenent checkbox on the post form. If enabled you can send an email to any or all membergroups. However it just looks like a regular post on the topic index. I would think the topic should be labled as an announcement. It doesnt here tho. Is this right or should the topic be marked as "announcement" ?

quake101

Quote from: Racenut on October 21, 2004, 01:51:36 PM
I have wondered about this as well. It does give you the option wheather or not to show the announcenent checkbox on the post form. If enabled you can send an email to any or all membergroups. However it just looks like a regular post on the topic index. I would think the topic should be labled as an announcement. It doesnt here tho. Is this right or should the topic be marked as "announcement" ?

I think it should be marked as "announcement" also. :)

enaille

Quote from: A.M.A on October 21, 2004, 01:44:36 PM
Have you disabled the 'Announce topic' permission!
also check wither 'Post.template.php' is RC2 or not.

Appears that since I have a custom template that the Post.template.php did not get changed to RC2....  I'll make the change and see if it fixes it.  Any way to make that box check by default by editing the Post.template.php file?

enaille

Updating to Post.template.php to RC2 did the trick.  Still would like to find a way to hard code in the default for that box being checked.  Any thoughts or ideas?

The "Notify me of replies" is checked by default.......

A.M.A

in Post.template.php look for:
<td class="smalltext"><label for="check_announce"><input type="checkbox" name="announce_topic" id="check_announce" value="1" class="check" /> ' . $txt['announce_topic'] . '</label></td>
replace it with
<td class="smalltext"><label for="check_announce"><input type="checkbox" name="announce_topic" id="check_announce" value="1" class="check" checked /> ' . $txt['announce_topic'] . '</label></td>

Please note that with this always checked, you may accidentally announce each topic you write.

Racenut

But shouldnt the topic be marked "announcement" on the topic index?

enaille

Quote from: A.M.A on October 21, 2004, 05:59:54 PM
in Post.template.php look for:
<td class="smalltext"><label for="check_announce"><input type="checkbox" name="announce_topic" id="check_announce" value="1" class="check" /> ' . $txt['announce_topic'] . '</label></td>
replace it with
<td class="smalltext"><label for="check_announce"><input type="checkbox" name="announce_topic" id="check_announce" value="1" class="check" checked /> ' . $txt['announce_topic'] . '</label></td>

Please note that with this always checked, you may accidentally announce each topic you write.

That worked.... thanks for all the input here.  I think there are some "feature" requests that can come out of this thread. 

[Unknown]

Quote from: Racenut on October 21, 2004, 06:02:00 PM
But shouldnt the topic be marked "announcement" on the topic index?

There's a separate sticky checkbox.  An announcement, in these terms, is an email announcing the topic's posting.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: