News:

SMF 2.0.19 has been released! Please update. Read more.

Main Menu

Visual Warning Mod

Started by Eleglin, July 31, 2007, 08:53:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eleglin

There is a a whole proper visual warning section in the "Features and Options" area for SMF 1.1.x
No support by PM or Mail.

FreeSporePrints

#41
Ciao Eleglin,
Thank you really..i was becoming mad to find it :)

F.

EDIT:

I actived into Features and Option > Visual Warning Mod >  The warnings are visible for people who can warn only

But the warnings, i mean the coloured circles on the right of the post, are visible also to common users, instead the coloured circle on the left no.

Is it normal?

Shoudn't the common user do not see the moderation? isn't in this way semantically correct?

Re-Thank you,
F.

Robi052

In error log see this. Whats wrong?

Quote8: Undefined index: cannot_visual_warn_any
Datoteka: /home/mojporta/public_html/forum/Sources/Security.php
Linija: 797

askepott

any recent update re this mod? would love to install it on my forum if ever.

3mrhythm

installed on my forum.. which has like 20 other mods.. works great. thanks!
www.nhfragswap.com
www.yariscentral.com

askepott

that sounds great. is this also the same as "infractions" ?

Eleglin

Quote from: FreeSporePrints link=topic=186021.msg1194760#msg1194760

I actived into Features and Option > Visual Warning Mod >  The warnings are visible for people who can warn only

But the warnings, i mean the coloured circles on the right of the post, are visible also to common users, instead the coloured circle on the left no.

Is it normal?

Shoudn't the common user do not see the moderation? isn't in this way semantically correct?

Re-Thank you,
F.
As far as I know, the moderation modify the message as an edit. So we can't hide this.
We can only hide the level on the profile ;)
No support by PM or Mail.

FreeSporePrints

Quote from: Eleglin on August 14, 2007, 03:22:35 PM
As far as I know, the moderation modify the message as an edit. So we can't hide this.
We can only hide the level on the profile ;)

Yes it the thing i)ve understood...but if we want to change the moderation or cancelling a moderation on a user, the text on the right of the post will remain...and is a mess to edit and cancelling manually.

Can't we add some lines that cancel automatically these ''edits''?

Thanks,
F.

shaiss

I'm having a problem with the instal.  Files are failing.  I tried the SMF package parser, but get nothing.
heres my error files:
1. Execute Code VisualWarningPdb.php
2. Execute Modification ./index.php Test successful
3. Execute Modification ./Sources/ModSettings.php Test successful
4. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php Test successful
5. Execute Modification ./Sources/Display.php Test successful
6. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Display.template.php Test successful
7. Execute Modification ./Sources/Post.php Test failed
8. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Post.template.php Test successful
9. Execute Modification ./Sources/Karma.php Test successful
10. Execute Modification ./Sources/Subs.php Test successful
11. Execute Modification ./Sources/Security.php Test successful
12. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php Test successful
13. Execute Modification ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php Test successful
14. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/index.template.php Test successful
15. Execute Modification ./Sources/Load.php Test failed
16. Extract File ./Sources/VisualWarning11.php
17. Extract File ./Themes/default/VisualWarning.template.php
18. Extract File ./Themes/default/images/warnban.gif
19. Extract File ./Themes/default/images/warnpmod.gif
20. Extract File ./Themes/default/images/warnmute.gif
21. Extract File ./Themes/default/images/warnwarn.gif
22. Extract File ./Themes/default/images/members.gif
23. Extract File ./Themes/default/images/buttons/warn.gif


Please help as I'd like to get this installed on my site, ocmoto.com
Thank you!
-Shai
If you ride on two wheels you need to ocmoto.com!

Eleglin

Quote from: FreeSporePrints on August 15, 2007, 05:32:21 AM

Yes it the thing i)ve understood...but if we want to change the moderation or cancelling a moderation on a user, the text on the right of the post will remain...and is a mess to edit and cancelling manually.

Can't we add some lines that cancel automatically these ''edits''?

Thanks,
F.
I see, but some lines are not sufficiant
Keep mind that the reason of the warning is in the post, not on the PM, not on the mail
You don't want what people you warn don't know why, do you ? ^^
I will see later if I can correct this.
No support by PM or Mail.

michelangelo

#50
Once installed on SMF 1.1.3 it messes up the whole board

If you get this message, replace the Security.php with your old backup and uninstall it normally, otherwise you can't even get in the admin panel.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare autowarn() (previously declared in *path/Sources/Security.php:199) in *path/Sources/Security.php on line 253

I found the reason for the error. Before the mods installs itself it doesn't check whether the /Source/ and /themes/ folders are writeable. In case they are not writeable the result is a total black off on the site. So set your Source and Themes folder to 777 before you install it.

michel

smartmouse

Hello i successfully installed Visual Warning Mod in my default template. Now i have to manually install it to theme i'm using on my forum...

In the package i see 2 files: modification.xml and VisualWarning_SMF11.mod (i'm using SMF v1.1.3).

Which file i have to follow to edit .template.php files of my theme?

FreeSporePrints

#52
Quote
I see, but some lines are not sufficiant
Keep mind that the reason of the warning is in the post, not on the PM, not on the mail
You don't want what people you warn don't know why, do you ? ^^
I will see later if I can correct this.

Hello Elegin,
you're right, semantically correct. If you modify it simply contact me.

Thanks!
F.

shaiss

Quote from: shaiss on August 15, 2007, 12:06:17 PM
I'm having a problem with the instal.  Files are failing.  I tried the SMF package parser, but get nothing.
heres my error files:
1. Execute Code VisualWarningPdb.php
2. Execute Modification ./index.php Test successful
3. Execute Modification ./Sources/ModSettings.php Test successful
4. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php Test successful
5. Execute Modification ./Sources/Display.php Test successful
6. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Display.template.php Test successful
7. Execute Modification ./Sources/Post.php Test failed
8. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Post.template.php Test successful
9. Execute Modification ./Sources/Karma.php Test successful
10. Execute Modification ./Sources/Subs.php Test successful
11. Execute Modification ./Sources/Security.php Test successful
12. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php Test successful
13. Execute Modification ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php Test successful
14. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/index.template.php Test successful
15. Execute Modification ./Sources/Load.php Test failed
16. Extract File ./Sources/VisualWarning11.php
17. Extract File ./Themes/default/VisualWarning.template.php
18. Extract File ./Themes/default/images/warnban.gif
19. Extract File ./Themes/default/images/warnpmod.gif
20. Extract File ./Themes/default/images/warnmute.gif
21. Extract File ./Themes/default/images/warnwarn.gif
22. Extract File ./Themes/default/images/members.gif
23. Extract File ./Themes/default/images/buttons/warn.gif


Please help as I'd like to get this installed on my site, ocmoto.com
Thank you!
can someone please help me with this?
-Shai
If you ride on two wheels you need to ocmoto.com!

slk

Quote from: smartmouse on August 20, 2007, 08:28:34 AM
Hello i successfully installed Visual Warning Mod in my default template. Now i have to manually install it to theme i'm using on my forum...

In the package i see 2 files: modification.xml and VisualWarning_SMF11.mod (i'm using SMF v1.1.3).

Which file i have to follow to edit .template.php files of my theme?

Take VisualWarning_SMF11.mod

smartmouse

Quote from: slk on August 22, 2007, 03:22:00 PM
Quote from: smartmouse on August 20, 2007, 08:28:34 AM
Hello i successfully installed Visual Warning Mod in my default template. Now i have to manually install it to theme i'm using on my forum...

In the package i see 2 files: modification.xml and VisualWarning_SMF11.mod (i'm using SMF v1.1.3).

Which file i have to follow to edit .template.php files of my theme?

Take VisualWarning_SMF11.mod

Thank you ;)

kamili34

Sorry for my stupid question but I don't understand this phrase

QuoteVersion 1.4 adds a new option allowing you to hide level warnings for people unable to warn. (SMF 1.1.x)


Eleglin

Quote from: kamili34 on August 30, 2007, 08:31:53 PM
Sorry for my stupid question but I don't understand this phrase

QuoteVersion 1.4 adds a new option allowing you to hide level warnings for people unable to warn. (SMF 1.1.x)


When you use visual warning 1.34 (and before), everybody can see the level warning of your warned users.
With the version 1.4, you can choose to hide this ; only people who can warn [i.e. admins, people which have the permission to warn] will see the levels on the profils..
No support by PM or Mail.

kamili34

ok thanks  :)

I thought it was more  changes . :(

Kornit

#59
I've installed the mod and it works fine.

What I want to do is to "personalize" the way all the warns appear in the post.
I noticed that the warns are inside a <div> with center alignment. I wasn't able to find in which file I can change that alignment.

But what I'd like is to to make warns appear in a table, inside the posts. Is it possible?

I've attached two images: the first one shows how the warns appear now in my site and the second one shows how I'd like the warns should appear.

Advertisement: