News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Visual Warning Mod

Started by Eleglin, July 31, 2007, 08:53:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rumbaar

You'll best do that kind of work yourself akl, use the link in my signature, Notepad++ and the parser to find the code to edit.  You only need to do it in any files that return Test Failed or templates in your custom theme.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

akl

But if I have any problems can I please ask here? And can you reply quick? lol

SONSiVRi

Quote from: akl on August 02, 2008, 04:47:33 AM

forums are for it, doesnt?
My Mods - IP View Permission - Recycle Bin Cleaner - Ip to Country
www.sonsivri.com - microcontrollers
- Houston, we have a problem.

akl

Quote from: SONSiVRi on August 02, 2008, 06:34:16 AM
Quote from: akl on August 02, 2008, 04:47:33 AM

forums are for it, doesnt?
Usually don't get a quick reply.

Rumbaar

You'll get an applicable and appropriate response, in regards to the hundreds of other support posted each day on this community based free volunteer support forum :)
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

akl

Okay.. I've tried but messed it up.
I think I've corrupted some files.
I'm busy in real life too, so could someone help me out 'ere?

Rumbaar

[ Themes ]

akl

Whats the point of helping us when you are busy.
You will tend to give more importance to other things may mis lead us..

Rumbaar

This is a pure volunteer based community, no-one's sole job is to sit here and do support.  So you get the time a person of the community has to volunteer their free time to help 'you'.

This isn't really the thread for this kind of discussion.  There are a number of resources available to you, via search or stickies, they are there to help you achieve what you want.  From Manual editing of files to parsing a mod into a readable format so you can perform the manual changes to your files.  Now if the level of coding and work is beyond you and you need a more experiences one-on-one approach you might need to seek a skilled administrator to help administrate your forum or customize your site/forum.  This type of help can be sourced via sections like Help Wanted (not for support).

[ Themes ]

Kylezz

Quote from: help me pls on July 31, 2007, 04:52:56 PM
help me :(
when i try and ban this way it just doesnt work.
here are the glitches
1. it adds the symbol of banned but does not refresh the page so if you click the submit button more then once it shows the red symbol for evry time you click submit.
2. in the ban list instead of the name it shows "VW_4" not the name of he person i try to ban!
ill post pics in a sec

<- not banned the use just vw_4
says he's banned
|
V
says he has no warnings
|
V
it wont go back after you push submit
|
V
LOADS of visuals saying he's banned when he's not (see 1st pic)
Errors:

8: Undefined variable: back
File: C:\www\webroot\smf\Sources\VisualWarning.php
Line: 225

2: mail() [<a href='function.mail'>function.mail</a>]: Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set()
File: C:\www\webroot\smf\Sources\Subs-Post.php
Line: 661

It should work perfectly, the're should be no errors. I already tested it. Works perfectly.
Why do i post alot? I am not a leecher.

akl

Can someone just 'volunteer' to edit the files..

kizer

I installed this on a test forum 1.1.5 because on my live forum I was getting the same results and wanted to see if maybe I was nuts.

I did this on a fresh install with no other mods. When I click on warn on a member to see what they have been warned about I see this.

Topic Where Raised: Blah and more blah [center][img]http://www.links4jeeps.com/testforum/Themes/default/images/warnwarn.gif[/img] [color=green][/color][/center] 

Is it supposed to show the image code or actually link to the URL of the post? I checked the PM the user is gettting and it does refer to the actual PM
Own a Jeep? Links4Jeeps.com

Johno69

i am getting an error in the log:

Undefind Index: return_to_post

When a user who is moderated posts.

jayc7176

Awsom Mod! works really nice !! & adds great value to the already awsom SMF !

One question anyone knows if the the Warning icon can be placed somewhere else mayb under post count or something . ?

& - the warning should only be viewable by Admins, mods & the person that has been warned. .
Many Thanks for this awsom Mod.
I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think -  Socrates™ 469 BC

SMF- 1.1.5

Eleglin

Update with VisualWarning 1.42 :
You use visual warning 1.41, should you update for 1.42 ? If you want, but you won't get any new feature or security fix for this act : I have just changed a very little piece of code, in order to make it more "convenient" for SMF 1.1.x.  ;)
No support by PM or Mail.

IVIIVI4ck3y27

I've always loved this mod...  and am trying to install it now as it's one of those mods I just can't do without.  I noticed that there's an error, but it's on the foreign language files in my SMF 1.1.5 install.  Since no one comes to our site in a foreign language (or if they speak one they speak English with all of us Yanks), if I install the mod as-is...  I'd probably be okay but...  just want to make sure that it doesn't bring the proverbial stack of cards falling down.  LoL  Any tips on how to install strictly for English or should I just click the install package button with fingers crossed and fly by the seat of my pants on it?

TaTo

Quote from: TaTo on August 01, 2008, 08:28:36 AM
Hi all!

I'm getting some errors, but i think there I've missed something

Forum v: SMF 1.1.5 -
Theme : Default Theme and a modified Theme. (same error with both)

1) When I check any profile:

8: Undefined index: warning
.........../Themes/default/languages/Who.spanish-utf8.php (summary sub template - eval?)
Line: 267

2) When the user on level 2 try to post:

8: Undefined index: return_to_post
File: .........../Sources/Post.php
Line: 1621

Can you give me a hand on this?

Regards

Quote from: Rumbaar on August 01, 2008, 08:36:44 AM
You need to convert and install all the $txt[] strings into your spanish language files.

Hi Rumbaar  thanks for the quick response, but still can't manage to make it work.

I'm using the last spanish translation from Deoxys94, but the errors still appear...

Can you give me the english lines for those two?? so I can translate them ...  ;)

Regards

Eleglin

Quote from: IVIIVI4ck3y27 on August 07, 2008, 04:47:13 PM
I've always loved this mod...  and am trying to install it now as it's one of those mods I just can't do without.  I noticed that there's an error, but it's on the foreign language files in my SMF 1.1.5 install.  Since no one comes to our site in a foreign language (or if they speak one they speak English with all of us Yanks), if I install the mod as-is...  I'd probably be okay but...  just want to make sure that it doesn't bring the proverbial stack of cards falling down.  LoL  Any tips on how to install strictly for English or should I just click the install package button with fingers crossed and fly by the seat of my pants on it?
Don't think too much. Just do it.  :D
No support by PM or Mail.

Rumbaar

Quote from: TaTo on August 07, 2008, 08:10:26 PMCan you give me the english lines for those two?? so I can translate them ... 
I'm not sure what they are, take a look at the English modification file and you should see them in their.  Then just duplicate to your language and translate if you want.

[ Themes ]

kizer

Does nobody else get this error when they click on the warn image to see what the member was warned about?
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=186021.msg1648655#msg1648655
Own a Jeep? Links4Jeeps.com

Advertisement: