News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Visual Warning Mod

Started by Eleglin, July 31, 2007, 08:53:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phatmat

Any suggestion on this (the Load.php test failed):

Type     Action     Description
1.    Execute Code    VisualWarningPdb.php    
2.    Execute Modification    ./index.php    Test successful
3.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ModSettings.php    Test successful
4.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php    Test successful
5.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Display.php    Test successful
6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Display.template.php    Test successful
7.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Post.php    Test successful
8.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Post.template.php    Test successful
9.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Karma.php    Test successful
10.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test successful
11.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Security.php    Test successful
12.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test successful
13.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test successful
14.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Load.php    Test failed
15.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
16.    Extract File    ./Sources/VisualWarning11.php    
17.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/VisualWarning.template.php    
18.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/warnban.gif    
19.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/warnpmod.gif    
20.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/warnmute.gif    
21.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/warnwarn.gif    
22.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/members.gif    
23.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/buttons/warn.gif    
24.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.french.php    File not found
25.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.polish.php    File not found
26.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.turkish.php    File not found
27.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.croatian.php    File not found
28.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.danish.php    File not found
29.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.spanish.php    File not found
30.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.portuguese.php    File not found
31.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.brazilian.php    File not found

I have tried to use the package parser to view the files requiring editing, though the parser doesn't work. Can anybody tell me which files I am required to edit in Load.php?

thanks,
Matt.

Rumbaar

Quote from: Phatmat on September 29, 2008, 10:43:50 PMI have tried to use the package parser to view the files requiring editing, though the parser doesn't work. Can anybody tell me which files I am required to edit in Load.php?
I just test the mod and it parses just fine, not sure if there was issues when you tried.  But it's working now, please try again.

Manual Installation of Mods
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

The Saviour

Quote from: Eleglin on September 08, 2008, 03:47:22 AM
Updated to work with SMF 1.1.6.

I'm using the above version of SMF, but when I try to install...all goes well until it gets to the additional language files, which are not needed.

I believe you need to recode this for use with the Package Manager.  If these files aren't needed...then they should be bypassed so the mod will install via the Package Manager.

Here's the problem:

Installing this package will perform the following actions:
   Type    Action    Description
1.    Execute Code    VisualWarningPdb.php    
2.    Execute Modification    ./index.php    Test successful
3.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ModSettings.php    Test successful
4.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php    Test successful
5.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Display.php    Test successful
6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Display.template.php    Test successful
7.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Post.php    Test successful
8.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Post.template.php    Test successful
9.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Karma.php    Test successful
10.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test successful
11.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Security.php    Test successful
12.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test successful
13.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test successful
14.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Load.php    Test successful
15.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
16.    Extract File    ./Sources/VisualWarning11.php    
17.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/VisualWarning.template.php    
18.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/warnban.gif    
19.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/warnpmod.gif    
20.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/warnmute.gif    
21.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/warnwarn.gif    
22.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/members.gif    
23.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/buttons/warn.gif    
24.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.french.php    File not found
25.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.polish.php    File not found
26.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.turkish.php    File not found
27.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.croatian.php    File not found
28.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.danish.php    File not found
29.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.spanish.php    File not found
30.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.portuguese.php    File not found
31.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.brazilian.php    File not found

Johno69

Should be able to continue without any issues..

The Saviour

Quote from: Johno69 on October 03, 2008, 10:34:46 AM
Should be able to continue without any issues..

Understood...and I'll give it a try.

In the interim, though...the mod should be updated to prevent the Package Manager from stopping the process.  Wouldn't you say?

Rumbaar

Well as posted 4 post before you with the same issue it not a concern if they are missing, and it shouldn't stop you from installing the mod via Package Manager.  Just a indicator of missing files, but certainly not mod install stopping.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

The Saviour

Eleglin

Well, it seems that I really must to fix this. But as Rumbaar has said : "it not a concern if they are missing, and it shouldn't stop you from installing the mod via Package Manager.  Just a indicator of missing files, but certainly not mod install stopping."
No support by PM or Mail.

genieuk

Hi,

Fantastic mod, installed and all working like a dream :D

One question,

where it says: Time Warning Lasts (Blank=Default):

does it mean minutes/days/hours? also what is the default?

for example if i put in 10 would it mean 10 days/hours/minutes etc?

Thanks
Mathew

PatrickPriest

So I love this warning system, however I have a few problems with it.

First of all, some (if not all) of the warnings are not expiring when they should.  I have set the warnings to be for 30 days, however, on some members 30 days are over and the warning still applies.

I currently have version 1.41, and I would like to upgrade to the newest one.  However when I go to uninstall it, it doesn't give me the uninstall link:

16.     VisualWarning      1.41       [ List Files ]  [ Delete ]

How can these 2 things be fixed?

Rumbaar

The uninstall option is probably due to the fact the stored zip package stored in the packages folder is not configured to work with the version of SMF you are now running.

You'll need to download that zip file, open it up. Alter the installer .xml/mod file to allow for use in your current version of SMF and then copy back.  It should now have the option to un-install.  Make sure you alter it for both the install and uninstall parts of the file.

[ Themes ]

Eleglin

Yes.
And as it was said before, there isn't any new feature on 1.42.
So if you haven't any problems with 1.41, you shouldn't upgrade for the moment. If you had problems with 1.41, then I don't believe that 1.42 will solve it.

QuoteFirst of all, some (if not all) of the warnings are not expiring when they should.  I have set the warnings to be for 30 days, however, on some members 30 days are over and the warning still applies.
This reminds me that I had this problem once, a long time ago, before I updated this mod first. Could you tell me if you had these problems with one level or with the whole levels ?

Quotewhere it says: Time Warning Lasts (Blank=Default):

does it mean minutes/days/hours? also what is the default?
No. Seconds !  O:)
This is "days" of course. I don't see any interest if you warn someone for 10 minutes or 10 hours. Maybe he would never see that he was muted. ^^

Kamo

Hello
I have looked over this topic and missed this issue.
Smf 1.1.6 with custom theme. VW mod 1.42

Working great with one glitch. Post moderation is not working.  When someone is moderated his post lands in post moderation center. I can approve it or delete it. Well the thing is  both buttons delete the message :/

What can be wrong ?

glennk

in the readme file it says

Upload:
      VisualWarning.php to Sources

howevere I dont appear to have a file under this name.

could it be :

VisualWarning11.php

glennk

Ok I did as suggested for manual install and I get these errors

8: Undefined index: visual_warning_management
File: /home/glennk/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 3319

8: Undefined index: visual_postmod_manager
File: /home/glennk/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 3320

Phatmat

I am wondering if this is a bug or not. If I ban a user using the VWarn mod, then decide to un-ban them, and remove their ban trigger from VW_4, their "Current Level" still shows up as "Banned" and they have a "Banned" symbol under their user name when posting.

Current Status:      Offline Offline
Current Level:    Banned

How are you supposed to remove this "Banned" level?

edit: Also, when the Global Moderators try to ban a user (by entering warning level 4), they receive this error:
An Error Has Occurred!
You are not allowed to administrate this forum.

How would I fix this? I've tried giving them permission to the ban list, but it still wont let them ban the users through the Visual Warning mod.

Kamo

I don't have answers for You guys but i would like to point on my problem again 3 posts earlier. Maybe just maybe someone know what to do.

help.

Eleglin

Quote from: glennk on October 18, 2008, 04:00:05 PM
in the readme file it says

Upload:
      VisualWarning.php to Sources

howevere I dont appear to have a file under this name.

could it be :

VisualWarning11.php
yes.
This seems to have not been updated in the readme.
How are you supposed to remove this "Banned" level?
Not with Visualwarning, but in the ban management area (the normal function in SMf, that you can reach without this mod).

QuoteWorking great with one glitch. Post moderation is not working.  When someone is moderated his post lands in post moderation center. I can approve it or delete it. Well the thing is  both buttons delete the message :/
When you approve them, then you can't find them in the sections ?
This is for the whole messages or just some of them ?

Kamo

QuoteWorking great with one glitch. Post moderation is not working.  When someone is moderated his post lands in post moderation center. I can approve it or delete it. Well the thing is  both buttons delete the message :/
When you approve them, then you can't find them in the sections ?
This is for the whole messages or just some of them ?

After clicking approve  the mesage dissappears  like it just was deleted. For now we tested it with only one message at time. I can test it with more at one time if needed. Got test user for that.

edit: with 2 messages the same.

lexran

What tweak do I have to do to let the mod warn even the Admins and the moderators?

---------------

Ok I found it, but now when the admin is moderated, he can post without any restriction. Even thought there is a warning that his post will be moderated, the post appears instantly.

Advertisement: