News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Add More Post Icons

Started by Oldiesmann, October 21, 2004, 09:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgk

I love icons, I'll give it a try. Thanks for the post and explaining.

DVC

Quote from: Oldiesmann on October 21, 2004, 09:29:18 PM
Step 1. Find any icons you want to add (preferably about the same size as the ones already used) and upload them to Themes/themename/images/post for every theme on your board.

I'm trying to add 8 new icons that I have made, as an alternative to having 8 separate low use forums. As too many forums just means we can never remember where a post was made. However, I'm stuck on Step 1. Exactly how do I upload the icons?

p.s. It would be so much easier if we could add icons the same way we add smileys. I don't really get why no one has made this mod after Grudge's one stopped being available.

DVC

Quote from: DVC on April 14, 2011, 07:40:11 PM
Quote from: Oldiesmann on October 21, 2004, 09:29:18 PM
Step 1. Find any icons you want to add (preferably about the same size as the ones already used) and upload them to Themes/themename/images/post for every theme on your board.

I'm trying to add 8 new icons that I have made, as an alternative to having 8 separate low use forums. As too many forums just means we can never remember where a post was made. However, I'm stuck on Step 1. Exactly how do I upload the icons?

p.s. It would be so much easier if we could add icons the same way we add smileys. I don't really get why no one has made this mod after Grudge's one stopped being available.

Ok I've added the icons to the right directory, but now I'm stuck again. I can't find the specified code in Post.php And when I try to add icons through the web menu all I get is an error that they can't be found. But they are in the same directory as the icons that are already there! Please help.

Edit: The error I am getting when I try and add new Icons is "An Error Has Occurred!
The icon image could not be found in the default theme - please ensure the image has been uploaded and try again."

But I've uploaded the image. It's in /Themes/default/images/post

MrNicotine

This is a great link, Abraamz, and I just used it. Great!

But when I try to enter it again, I can't find it in admin?
I'm in Admin->Forum->smiley's and Icons, but I can't find this option.

I now have the link as a favorite in my browser, that works offcourse, but this is not how it should be.
Anyone a tip?

Advertisement: